Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hump Day!

I think we're all officially over school.  Are you?  This is one bad thing (among many) about the weather turning warm so fast.  I've enjoyed it...don't get me wrong, but when it's 83 degrees in March, I can't help but wonder what it's going to be like in July?  I'm afraid we have a long summer ahead. 

Anyway...the kids are antsy.  Mine and all the other ones I come in contact with daily. 

I feel kinda bad for them, because they have a long way to go with tcap's coming up.  And there is only one break between now and then, which is Good Friday.  I feel really bad for the teachers.  Every year after Spring break it's like this...this downhill slide until May.  But with the the temps being so warm, it all just started earlier than usual.

Last night we had two Lacrosse games...one started at six, and the other started at seven thirty.  We lost both.  :-(  I think Drew's team managed to get one point on the board, but the other team's score was twelve, or something hideous like that.  Graham's team didn't get any points, and the other team's score was thirteen.  It was rough.  Graham had a couple of great blocks, though...enough so that his coaches commented on it, and they don't usually do that.  And Drew's butt blocked a shot.  Woohoo!  He said the bruise is horrible.

I overslept this morning.  I don't know how I managed to turn my alarm off, but I did.  Next thing I knew, it was six fifteen.  I plan on dropping off Graham and Drew for FCA, then I am coming back home to wash this mop of mine.  I feel like a little girl with all the tangles I keep getting. 

We have two more games tonight.  Tonight we won't be eating dinner on the field.  :-)  People were so impressed that I brought dinner from home with us last night, but we were there for almost four hours...and I knew if I didn't do that, the kids would all be beyond starving when they got home.  Graham made chicken tenders (from the freezer) for everyone while I was picking up the younger kids yesterday.  Wasn't that nice of him?

I can't wait for some more Lacrosse...I am addicted to watching my boys play this game.  I love seeing how much their teams have improved, and I love watching them act as a real team.  They're getting so good...and both teams played their behinds off last night...we just so happened to be playing the best team in this city.  And both teams were "A" teams.  They've all been playing since they were in third grade, and our boys have not.

It's that time...for me to start running my kids around.  I hope you have a blessed day.  Love to all!

1 comment:

Christy Bullock said...

I love watching my boys play sports too! We're starting baseball season now, and I'm so excited! Have fun!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...