Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

Only four more school days and then it's Spring Break!  I cannot wait.  Seriously.  The natives are getting restless at school, and we're all ready for a break.  We're going camping again...with our neighbors and friends, the Dickson's.  We're going to Chickasaw this time, which a lot closer. 

We had something new and totally different for dinner last night.  I made White (Chicken) Chili.  I got it from some website that I have already forgotten.  Even if I remembered what website I used, it wouldn't matter.  I didn't have half the ingredients, so I modified it to what was already in my pantry.  The base to it was water and chicken stock.  I later thickened it with Masa, which is a Mexican cornmeal.  It didn't thicken very much, though, but it was still yummy.  The other ingredients were chicken, two different types of kidney beans, black beans, a couple cans of Rotel, chili powder and salt.  Did I mention it was made in my Crock Pot?  It was so easy.  All I had to do was throw everything in there and seven hours later, it was done.   I served this with sour cream, cheese to garnish and tortilla chips. 

Today was an easy lunch making day in my house.  Graham has a field trip and didn't need one, and Jonah and Noah are getting lunch from Chik-Fil-A from Mimi.  It's so easy to make just one lunch...and Drew has a yummy one coming to him. 

Graham had a lacrosse game last night and won eleven (or maybe twelve, since we can't remember) to one.  GO DRAGONS!

We have another lacrosse game tonight (plus practice for Graham in a totally different location), and one more on Thursday.  Did I mention that these start at 4:30??  Do you know how hard it is to get kids picked up and dropped off and then try and be back at the game on time?  My days are officially spent on the road.  I need a "Mom's Taxi" sign on the back of my 'burban. 

How are you spending your Tuesday?  Share the love!

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...