Monday, February 13, 2012

words

Graham got up to go to school along with Drew this morning, but couldn't quite make it.  I chose to give him another day home to recuperate from the awful stomach bug he had.  I was going to go to work, but then he asked me to stay home with him.  So I did.  :)  This time together is priceless.

So, since we were home, I did three days of Bible study homework.  I still need to get caught back up on my Bible reading, but hey...at least I have a head's up on the homework, right? 

I took the time to plan what we were eating this week, doing some extensive research on the internet.  This week's recipes come from a blog that I follow, Comfy in the Kitchen.  Click here if you want to check out Janelle's blog for yourself. 

Since Graham is still not feeling well, we will all be home together tonight.  Tomorrow night, both the older boys will have lacrosse practice.  So, we're celebrating our Valentine's day tonight.  We're having a really yummy, special meal with all the trimmings.  And the special sweet treat afterwards?  Homemade individual chocolate molten lava cakes.  Served warm with vanilla ice cream.  Speaking of...I forgot that last item at the grocery store. 

I will try to remember to take pictures.  Since Todd and I really don't celebrate this day (except for with our boys), I figured this would be a nice treat.  And yes, you read that Todd and I don't celebrate this day.  We do exchange cards, but that's about it.  Well, I take that back...he brings home flowers sometimes, but honestly?  Todd's the guy that brings me home flowers just because, at any given time.  Like back in the Fall, I'd had the worst day in all of history, he stopped and brought home a beautiful Fall arrangement of flowers. 

This day kind of makes my stomach turn.  I think it's dumb.  And what about the single people?  I feel bad for them!  We do the cards for the sake of the boys'...I think we are both in agreement that it's important for them to see us do this.  We do want them to be good husbands someday!  This is a Hallmark-created holiday that is way too commercialized.  How about being romantic everyday?  Because, honestly, that is way more romantic to me than just one day a year. 

Okay, I'm done. 

Since I'm home, I got a head start on tonight's dinner.  I don't even want to tell you what I'm making yet...it doesn't sound very good by the name, but the picture looked ahmaaazing!!  I can't wait to try it.  So far, I've only repeated one thing in five weeks now: tilapia, and that was per the boys' request.  I hope tonight's meal turns out as good as I think it will. 

And the molten lava cakes?  I cannot wait to see the boys' faces when they bite into those delicious little things.  :)

Have I mentioned that I love cooking for my family?

It's one of God's blessings.  I love that I have a whole house full of boys who love to eat. 

How are you celebrating Valentine's day?  Or are you?

Share the love and let me know!  Love to all. 

2 comments:

Christy Bullock said...

Jeremy and I don't really do Valentine's Day much either. I think it's a bit silly myself. Tonight we have baseball for Tyler and I'm thinking about picking up pizza on the way home from that. :) We enjoy each other and show our love all of the other days to not need Valentine's Day to do it.

And I'm so impressed with the cooking! My boys are so picky, especially the little one, that I don't get too inspired to do much in the kitchen. I'm glad you do!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

We had Lacrosse practice, but it got cancelled, due to wet fields. Trust me, girl, many nights we have pizza, or chicken tenders, or grilled cheeses...this is a new thing I'm doing with dinners. I'm trying more things, and the kids have been champs. I have two picky eaters and two good eaters.

I also love to cook, especially when it's something that's really not complicated. I don't like recipes that have twenty ingredients...although, the more I cook, the more ingredients I have now.

Our evening was boring, by society's standards, but for me it was perfect. :) We celebrate all year, too...not just in one night. Happy Valentine's day!

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...