Tuesday, February 28, 2012

random

Did you know that one of my favorite sounds is the sound of my boys and their Dad playing basketball in the driveway?  I love that this means the television doesn't get turned on at all until almost bedtime.  It makes for a short night (kind of, for me), but it's worth it.  I am so thankful for an active, involved husband!!  It's one of God's gifts to me.

I do not remember what I ever did without a kitchen radio.  I am sure that I functioned okay...but that was all I did.  I love spending time in my kitchen and the radio is probably what makes me love it so much.  That, and a Christian radio station.  Even for people that may now know the Lord, the d.j.'s on Klove are so positive...maybe that's why they named the station Positive & Encouraging Klove.  Hmmm.  Ya think?

I am a little frightened at the thought of what the insects are going to be like this summer.  With little to no winter weather, nothing has really died.  There were mosquitos out last night, for crying out loud.  If they're bad in February, imagine what they're going to be like in July.  Yikes.  They'll be the size of birds!

So, becoming half the man he once was, (what Todd likes to say happened to Crash at the vet's office on Friday) does seem to have calmed the pup down.  Just a tad, but still.  He came home last night (they also boarded him while we were gone), and was he ever relieved to see his boys!  I don't know who was more excited.  Todd, Graham, Drew, Jonah, Noah or Crash. 

I am so glad that basketball seems to be one sport that Todd doesn't love.  Have I ever mentioned that I detest the sound of tennis shoes squeaking across the court??  I do.  Instead of watching basketball right now, we're watching Swamp Men.  Don't know how I feel about this show either, but still...I'm pretty sure it's better than basketball.

Dinner was a success tonight.  And last night.  Last night we had "Creamy Chicken Casserole" (a Weeknight Southern Living recipe that I made the first week in January), roasted asparagus and salad.  Tonight we had "Filet Mignon with Brown Horseradish Gravy" (another Weeknight Southern Living recipe), mashed potatoes, salad with homemade viniagrette, and crusty bread.  I thought Drew was going to pass out he was so excited.  Noah, too.  I'm pretty sure they both ate their weight in food tonight.  Our dinner table was almost silent as everyone devoured their food.  We ate at a little after six thirty, and you would have thought they hadn't eaten in three days. 

It just dawned on me that I haven't talked to my mom since Sunday.  That's very unusual for me...and her.  We usually talk every morning, but we haven't so far this week. 

I love days when I get to come home from work and watch my shows that I've recorded.  The one I watched today was Smash.  Do you watch it?  I love the music in it.  And I love the people in it.  One is Debra Messing and the other is Katharine McPhee.  I have loved Debra Messing since Will and Grace was on...she still reminds me of a modern day Lucy.  If they ever decide to do a "Lucy" movie, she should have the roll of her, hands down.  Katharine McPhee is new to me, but man, the gal can sing.  She gives me chills every time I hear her. 

I cannot wait for a night when I can borrow Travis' and Katie's copy of Chicago.  I've never seen it, and I love musicals.  Another one I want to see is Moulin Rouge.  I've never seen that either.  One that I watched somewhat recently was Burlesque.  Oh my goodness...words can't explain.  I love these musicals, and I think it all stems from my Dad.  When I was young, he was subscribed to a movie club that sent him one classical movie every month or so.  Some of our favorites were Singing in the Rain, South Pacific, Meet Me In St. Louis, That's Entertainment!, and our all time favorite ever (the one that we watched every single Sunday afternoon)...The Sound of Music.  I STILL remember the lyrics to all these songs.  Todd loves it when I sing to him.  ;) 

Well, speaking of the man I love...he needs this laptop.  So, I guess I'll stop writing a list of random things and think of more to write tomorrow.  This is what happens when you work with kids...you bottle up all your words and put them in a blog post. 

Love to all. 

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. =) I LOVE the show smash! the music and characters are SO great! Musicals are definately the best. you definately need to see Chicago. I own it and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to watch it!! Thank you!! I love writing random things. My head is full of it.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...