Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras

I don't know why I wrote that, because this post has absolutely nothing to do with Mardi Gras.  I guess I was just thinking of a title.  Who knows?

Today was a good day.  Considering I was only at work for a little less than two hours.  (I only work three hours everyday.)  The middle school called.  Drew was sick to his stomach and not feeling well.  :-(  I'm thinking he has what Graham and I had.  My prayer is that nobody else gets this!!!  Or if they do, that it's gone by Friday.

We have an all weekend tournament, and I really don't want my kids to be sick.

I picked Drew up and we came home so he could eat (a little) and he slept away the rest of the afternoon.  I ran home the boy that I take home during the weeks, came home, ran Graham back to Lacrosse practice, then came home to prepare dinner.  I made it an easy night for myself.  We had spaghetti, salad with homemade viniagrette and bread drizzled with olive oil and sea salt.  YUM.

I could eat an entire loaf of bread made like that.  Yup, I'm a bread girl.

I don't know if Drew will make it to school tomorrow.  I'm not sure yet if I'll stay home with him or not.  I left early today and I'm already planning on missing on Friday.  I guess I'll wait and see how he's feeling in the morning.

Speaking of morning, one of the things that made my day start so good was an email conversation with a dear friend.  There is nothing like catching up...even internet style.  :)

Well, the hubs has started Last Man Standing, so that's my cue to sign off.  Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the kids get/stay well. "Last Man Standing" made me laugh a lot last night! It's one we record to watch too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...