Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Many Faces/Hair Colors of Me

It's no joke that I get bored with my hair.  If I can't change the style, I change the color.  This weekend, I was a little in need of some touching up on the highlights.  So, we did that.  My mom and I.  It's a several hour long process, starting with me at my house, then with me at her house.  Sometimes I like the color, and sometimes I think, "What in the world was I thinking?"

So, this being the week that I officially hit "my mid-thirties", I thought I would show you what this weekend looked like.  From my poor husband's perspective.


This was Friday.  And, of course, the color looks good considering I'm about to change it a little.


This was Saturday afternoon.  In order to get the blond out, I always have to go darker first.  That's the first step.  My hair has to be completely dry before we can highlight it.

Next step, Mom's house.


Last step.  It's highlighted again (a little more this time, and a different color), and dried.  And all the lipstick came off from consuming the yummy dinner we had just finished.  (This handsome man is my nephew, Tyler.  We share the same birthday, and tonight we celebrated at my mom's house.)

I don't know which I like better...I know I definitely prefer it highlighted.  I just don't know for sure if I like all the extra highlights I have this time.  It is different, and I do always like that.  I'm sure I'll get used to it...it's always just an adjustment.  And kind of a shock when I happen to see it in a bathroom mirror in the middle of the night.

I know this post is very different, but since it's the week I hit my mid-thirties, I thought, "Why not?"

Welcome to the many sides of me.  Love to all.

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...