Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Just Some Stuff

Our laptop chord bit the dust a couple weeks ago.  And the battery was nothing to brag about.  And while I do have a smart phone and a touch tablet, it's not quite the same as a laptop.  Well, guess what came in yesterday???  Our chord!  Woohoo!!!  So, back to blogging for me.  :)

My birthday was last Wednesday.  I think I crossed over into a new age bracket.  :(  I'm now thirty-five.  On the upside, I had a few people tell me I didn't look it.  I love them. 

I saw a facebook status that I loved this morning and thought I would share.  It said: "I'm not ready for Christmas to be here in four days.  Why?  Because then it will all be over and the sweet spirit of Christmas will be gone.  Let's keep the Spirit of Jesus alive all year."  Isn't that true?

I am in love with the beautiful color on my nails right now.  OPI's Black Onyx with Sephora's Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild on top.  Black and purply-sparkles. 

I am SO THANKFUL that God gave me such an amazing man for a husband.  He might not "facebook-write" that he loves me as much as he does, but he doesn't have to.  Instead of writing it for all the facebook world to see, he keeps it to himself and shows me every single moment of every single day how much he loves and cares for me.  The little things he does on a day to day basis are more precious than almost anything to me.  For instance, yesterday I had to call him and thank him for being so awesome.  Why?  Because he has done most of the Christmas shopping this year.  DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I DETEST SHOPPING???????????

The "facebook-write" statement was a hit in the head revelation for me yesterday.  I am always teasing Todd about how some men write how amazing and wonderful their wife is, and how the only time he writes it is when I hack into his profile.  :)  He knows I do this, yes.  I was driving to get the boys yesterday (and praying at the same time) and all of a sudden, I prayed, "God thank you for a man who SHOWS me his unconditional love each day...not by writing it out on a (non)reality social network so people will see, but by doing all the things he does for me.  Big and small.  Like taking care of all the Christmas shopping." 

I am so thankful for him.  He is not perfect, but he is perfect for me.  He's my husband, my best friend, and the greatest dad ever.  He is always showing us the many ways he loves us.  (And he doesn't resort to facebook PDA.) 

I know, I know...I'm probably stepping on toes here.  I don't mean to, honestly, I'm just writing out my thoughts. 

Moving on.

I have read a LOT of Christmas books this year.  A lot, a LOT.  I love them.  My favorite Christmas author is Debbie Macomber.  I love all of her books, but her Christmas ones are just plain magical. 

I read a funny blog on the Elf on a Shelf.  Did you see it circulate on facebook?  It cracked me up...and was so incredibly true.  I was going to buy one, I'm not going to lie...but my husband (and now I, too) thinks it's the dumbest thing ever invented.  How do you explain all the years PRIOR to the elf on a shelf?  Hmmmmm?

I have watched a lot of Christmas movies in the past few days.  One of which is Elf.  I think it might be my all time favorite. 

We got a new cable provider this week, and lots of my Christmas movies were deleted.  :(

Well, I need a second cup of coffee, Evil Knievel needs to be scared with a newspaper, and my nose is running.  Those are all good reasons to stop writing.  And my kids might be hungry.  But then again, they might not...they're in the dining room playing Life. 

Enjoy your day!  Love to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...