Sunday, November 20, 2011

a little fun, a little disappointment, a little sick

It's been an okay weekend.  I have a sinus infection that is hanging on and making me feel a little blah.  In spite of that...I am thankful and I am blessed for my beloved family.  I'm also incredibly thankful for friends who invite BOTH the older boys over to spend the night even though technically, her son is Graham's friend.  It came at a great time, because combined with that and my four hours of sleep the night before, I was exhausted.  (And yes, Breaking Dawn Part I was totally worth the four hours of sleep I got.  It was ahmaaaazing!)

But guess what I did???  I went to bed at nine and read my book on the Kindle app I have on my tablet...and I didn't even have to turn the bedside lamp on!  I know, right?  I love reading books on that thing...so much so that I finished my first book and bought my second one this morning before church.  :)  LURVE!!!  (Yes, I still love and occasionally talk like Madea.)

The boys and I went to my dad's house to help him and my sister finish putting up his Christmas lights.  I was so sad to discover that we won't be seeing him for Thanksgiving this year.  :(  Him and my stepmom decided to go to Branson to see all the Christmas lights, and they'll be leaving after lunch that day.  It won't quite be the same without the tradition of eating with him that Friday after Thanksgiving and going to see the Zoo Lights.  I'm a sucker for some family traditions, for those of you who know me.  I know I see him all the time, and for that, I am thankful.  This year is, apparently, just a year for change.

Graham and Drew have a new business venture.  They're making and selling survival bracelets.  You can buy them for $10-12 and they're selling theirs for $5.  So, if you would like one, you can let them know.  Or me, since I'm the mom.  :)

Well, that's about it for our weekend.  I am so excited for our two day week this week!  Jonah and Noah have their third grade Thanksgiving feast tomorrow.  They will be going to school dressed as pilgrims.  Jonah said, "Mom, there is no way I can wear a long sleeved shirt all day.  Can I take something I can change into?"  My words back to him: "Deal with it."

He is such a turkey. 

Speaking of...can't wait to eat mine on Thursday!  Woohoo!  I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...