Monday, November 28, 2011

:-(

I'm sad because our blessed Thanksgiving break is over.  It was, indeed, blessed.  The day was so incredibly peaceful.  I woke up to the sound of Crash whimpering at 6:30, so I took advantage of the time alone and got a jump start on breakfast.  I enjoyed some coffee by my lonesome and did some praying...mostly, some thanking

The family started coming downstairs one by one, and slowly, our day began.  We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and before we knew it, it was time to go to my sister's. 

Where we ate way too much.  But it was oh so yummy!

We went to some friends' house for that night...our friends David and Sunny invited us out to her mom's house.  It was a nice touch being with friends on that day...and there were lots of kids there, so of course, they all had a blast. 

The next day we decked our halls.  :-)  We ended the day at Zoo Lights, which was amazing this year. 

The whole break went like that, though...unrushed, peaceful, and full of quality family time.  We are so blessed. 

And then, at church yesterday, we had communion...which was the perfect end to this time off.  I absolutely love the way Brother Chuck does communion at our church.  He makes the whole service about the importance of communion, and I have never taken it there without crying.  I'm pretty sure the people next to me thought I was loco.  I was doing really well with keeping the tears in, until he had us close our eyes to pray.  The minute that my eyes closed, the tears started falling.  And falling and falling. 

It was just so touching, and I really felt an anointing in the sanctuary.  It's always so reverent.  It's a beautiful time together, as a church body. 

So, I think I'll end on that note.  And maybe my sad face title should be a happy face.  Because, really, God is so good.  I can't even comprehend His goodness sometimes.  But He loves us faithfully, unconditionally and completely. 

Spend some time with Him today...and be blessed.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...