Monday, October 10, 2011

Umm?

No title.  Again. 

Just another "all over the place" post.  (I use the word 'random' too much, so I'm trying to refrain.)

It was a great weekend.  Kind of.  Saturday was miserable, but yesterday was on the up and up.  We spent the majority of the day with my sister, Trish.  The boys begged to go to her house, so we actually missed church and went over there instead.  (Don't tell anybody, okay?) 

She spoiled them with the food they love and lots and lots of attention.  She even gave me her spot on the most perfect-est nap couch I've ever slept on.  Squishy pillows and all. 

Almost makes up for the evil cats that live with her.  Almost. 

We went to church last night.  Jonah and Noah had AWANA, and Graham and Drew had youth.  I was by myself, going into a chili dinner, in a fellowship hall filled with people that I don't know.  I was desperately looking for someone to sit with...and finally, some friends walked in.  Curtis and Kitty let me sit with them and even introduced me to a new couple.  If only I could remember their names.  We had a time of hearing testimonies after the chili dinner (free and I didn't have to take a thing!), then ended in the big sanctuary to watch a sweet 6th grade girl get baptized. 

That's also where I picked up Jonah and Noah.  After Austin (the kids' pastor) baptized the girl, Noah leaned over and said, "Mom, I want to do that." 

:)  So...I guess we'll start talking about it and praying about it and meeting with Austin about my sweet baby boy getting baptized.

Today was a great day.  The weather was beautiful...sunny and in the upper 70's with an amazing breeze.  Perfection.  I hope it stays like this all week! 

The boys came home from school and have been outside almost ever since.  Noah came in and said, "Mom, I feel like I want to get ready for Halloween."  I didn't really know what that meant, but he finally told me he wanted to put out some pumpkins.  So we (THEY) brought in all the pumpkins we acquired from Tom's farm Friday night and I put them on the fireplace hearth. 

My neighbor Katie came over and motivated me to get started on the decorating, so I asked Graham to help me get all the stuff out of the attic.  And proceeded to make Noah one happy little camper.  :) 

As I sit here writing this, there are pumpkins and scarecrows all around me, and I have a couple of Fall candles burning.  :) 

Happy sigh inserted here. 

Enjoy your night!  Love to all.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Ok... where are the pics of your house with all the pumpkins and scarecrows?? NEED PICS! ;-)

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Here were a few th...