Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Heavy Heart

All funny stuff aside, I write this with a very heavy heart. 

I have a friend from high school who could really use your prayers.  Not only for him, but for his beautiful wife and their three precious children.  His name is Sam Kelly, and his wife April is dying of cancer.  Sam and April are fine, Christian people...and their journey through April's illness has been nothing short of inspiring. 

Even in the midst of her terminal illness, they want others to come to know their Lord and Savior.  April is a beautiful young woman...way too young to be fighting such a vicious cancer...who was first diagnosed a couple years ago with breast cancer.  She underwent chemotherapy and was in remission for about a year.  But then it came back, this time with a vengeance.  It is now ravaging her frail body.

She's been able to be at home, in a hospital bed these past few weeks.  Things have gotten progressively worse. 

Today they are moving her to the new hospice home here in Collierville. 

They had to tell the older kids last night as simply and in an as uncomplicated way as possible, what was happening to their beloved mom.  Their youngest is still a little too young to really grasp what is going on.  The girls are only 7 and 6, and the youngest is only 2. 

I cannot even imagine what this precious God-loving family must be going through...but if you are the praying kind, would you please join me in praying for the Kelly family? 

Her latest Caring Bridge journal entry asked specifically for prayer during the transport to the hospice home, and for no extra pain or anxiety for April. 

God be with them all...I know that somewhere in all of this, God has a plan for them.  It's hard to understand during times like this, but something good will come out of it.  He never does things without reason.  Please, please join me in praying for Sam, April, Madilyn, Ainsley and Owen Kelly.  If you want to read more about her story, go to CaringBridge.com and type April Lowe Kelly into the search feature. 

It's looking like she's not going to be healed, so I am praying for a quick and as painless as possible release from this earth into the loving arms of her Jesus.  

Life is so short, friends...never take one single second for granted.  Hug and kiss your babies tonight.

Love to all. 

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.  He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and staff, they comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."  Psalm 23

1 comment:

DC Belle on Wheels said...

What a precious tribute to a special young woman. It is my understanding that April went to be present with Jesus this morning at about a quarter after 4. We will be praying here in DC.

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...