Sunday, August 14, 2011

a few of my favorite things (Sunday edition)

Sunday mornings...and quieting my heart before we go to church
The first cup of coffee in the morning
A quiet house first thing in the morning
Reading my Bible early, when there are no other sounds anywhere
Church
Singing and worshiping the Lord...He is so worthy of all our praise!
Sitting next to my husband and older 2 boys in church
Taking notes on the pastor's sermon
Flipping through the pages of my Bible and reading what God has done through His word (yes, my Bible is all marked up!)
When Brother Chuck tells us to turn our Bibles to a certain place, there are a few moments when the only sounds are the pages being turned. 
Sunday naps :)

I love everything about Sunday.  The best part of the whole day is that it's the day we focus on God.  You don't have to go to church to get into Heaven, but God meant for us to have fellowship with a body of believers.  I love church family...and cannot imagine my life without them.  I am a much nicer person when I'm faithful in church. 

If you're thinking about not going today, I encourage you to go anyway.  You will be blessed, I assure you.  I'll be at Collierville First Baptist...why not join us (if you're local and looking for one?)?  I hope you all have a blessed day in the Lord!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...