Monday, August 15, 2011

Apples of Gold

My kids have had some amazing teachers over the years.  That still rings true this new school year.  We are so blessed to have had so many God-loving teachers. 

I love, especially, the beginning of a school year.  I love when the teachers make themselves "real" to our kids...and talk about their families, their furry children, their careers, their hobbies...and I love the enthusiasm that my kids have to learn about them. 

I'm blessed to have children that love school and do well.  They love getting to know new teachers, and I hope their teachers enjoy getting to know them.  For instance, Jonah's and Noah's teacher had her daughter come up to the school one day last week to help out in the classroom.  She's a junior in high school, so this was a pretty cool thing in the eyes of third graders.  Jonah came home that afternoon and told me that "she was beautiful".  His words, not mine. 

I'm so thankful for our teachers this morning...and in light of Mom's In Touch being this morning and saying special prayers over them for this week, I thought I would share this word.

"A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."  Proverbs 25:11

For all my sweet teacher friends: thank you for what you do.  I'm praying for you today.

Love to all.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...