Tuesday, July 26, 2011

family, friends and fun

 We've seen lots of family lately.  We had our weekly dinner at Nana's and Big Daddy's this past Saturday night.  Sunday after church, we went to Mimi's and Papa's house...they had invited us over for pizza.

I always love not having to think of what to make for a meal!

Sunday after the morning service, Drew asked if his friend Will could come over.  So he did.  And he went with us to Mimi's and Papa's.  And spent Sunday night with us.  And all day yesterday.  And last night.  And all of today.

He's a great kid...I never mind having an extra one around when they're nice!

Jonah and Noah also wanted a friend over.  Ben.  So he came over yesterday afternoon and spent last night and today with us.  I have to be fair, ya know??

It's been a great couple days.  There is just something about extra kids that makes my heart so happy.  Especially when they're great friends, like Will and Drew.  I just love them.

Ben has since left and Will is about to be leaving.  Then we're going to celebrate Grandma Rena's birthday with her.  I don't remember what age she'll be.  She probably won't remember either, God love her little Alzheimer's heart.  Papa is picking up some chicken nuggets from Wendy's and we'll be eating in the game room of her assisted living facility.  I'll take some pics and share them with you all later.

I miss my sweet Mammaw.  I wish I could have one more conversation with her.  She lived with us when I was a junior and senior in high school.  She used to drive me bonkers, but what I wouldn't give for one last conversation.  I wish I could share with her all of my God stories.  :)  That precious lady loved the Lord with all her heart, soul, strength and mind.  She loved to sing praises to Him and would often hum while she worked around the house.  (I guess that's where I get that endearing little quality of mine...the one that drives my sister Tricia absolutely insane.)

Anyway...I'm big on family traditions.  I hope my kids are the same way when they have kids.  (Should the good Lord tarry.)  I hope we're instilling in them the things that are most important in life...faith, family and friends.

Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. Miss you! LOVE seeing your blog post and would love to see y'all soon! Let's try to plan something, Will would love to see Jonah and Noah too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I miss you too, Katie! I would LOVE to see you and those sweet boys! Maybe one day next week we can hang out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...