Monday, June 6, 2011

No Regrets

When Todd and I were in Iceland last year, the theme of our trip was "no regrets".   Eddie talked to us about opening ourselves up to a world of possibilities...and to prayerfully consider saying "yes" to whatever God prompted us toward.  He encouraged us to live every single second of the trip, and not to wait until three days before it was over before we decided to start doing this.  He told us that we needed to enjoy every second. 

And we did.

I was thinking about that this morning while I was browsing on facebook.  I happened to look at a picture taken last summer, and a friend wrote that she was thoroughly enjoying her kids' last week of summer...creating precious memories for them during that time.  I love that...and I love my sweet friend who wrote that.  She had great intentions, but her comment made me wonder: why wait?  What about enjoying them and creating memories with them on purpose? 

I like the thought of that.  Summer is only 80 days long (not 104 like Phineas and Ferb says).  I know now that those days are going to fly by with lightning speed.  I want to make plans today to enjoy all the time I'm given with them.  My dad tells me all the time, "When they ask if friends can come over, try not to say no too much."  I mean, really, when you have 4, what's one more? 

I don't want to have any regrets this summer.  I want to have fun.  On purpose.  I want to live these days with intention.  To have fun.  To celebrate summer vacation (regardless of where we are).  To thoroughly enjoy each God-given day.  To create memories with these gifts that God has given me.  To take lots of pictures to record the time.  To dance when they ask me to dance, to say yes to friends, to just live life in a way that is pleasing to my Savior and fun for my family. 

How about you?  How will you spend your time this summer?  It's something to think about.  Love to all.

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...