Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hello, Blog

I don't think I have anything to write about...nothing new, anyway.  I think that's why I haven't been writing.  Well, that, and sometimes I just don't feel like it. 

I probably won't be on here much this week.  We have VBS all week at my church, and I'm one of the teachers.  That means I go to bed way before midnight and wake up way before eight a.m.  My alarm is set for 5:30, but I didn't actually make it out of bed until 6:15 this morning.  And now I'm sitting in silence (well, other than the tapping of these keys) before I start waking up all the little people in my house. 

Speaking of them...I was down to three last night.  I'm very sad that Drew picked this week to get a nasty sinus infection.  The last time he was sick enough to require medicine was three years ago.  I took him to the doctor yesterday after VBS, thinking he had strep.  (His symptoms are sore throat, head aches, stomach aches and fever.)  He didn't.  At least the quick test said that.  The overnight test still might come back positive, but I am thinking it's just sinus.  Poor thing...he really wanted to go with me yesterday. 

My mom-in-love Phyllis very graciously agreed to come over yesterday to sit with him while he was sick.  I kind of had to be at VBS.  Then, yesterday afternoon, the boys and I went to my Mom's house so she could fix a shirt for me, and Mom kindly offered for him to spend the night with her and stay with her today.  I'm blessed to be around family...for lots of other reasons than this one, but especially because I have such great help if I need it. 

So...VBS.  I have to admit, I was nervous yesterday!  I hate standing in front of people talking...even the ones of the younger variety.  It's been a long time since I've had to do that.  Usually at my old church's VBS every year, I would do registration.  I did that the first year, and because I knew how every year, that's just kind of where I got put.  I didn't mind, but that is way different than standing in front of a group of kids talking about missions.  By the end of the day, I was much more comfortable with what I was doing.  It's really not at all difficult, I just had to find my 'groove' and remember to have fun. 

That's all I want...is for them to have fun, and to feel the love of my sweet Jesus.  I love our theme today: I can love like Jesus.  It comes from one of my favorite Bible verses:

1 John 4:19  We love because He first loved us. 

So true! 

Anyway, that's what's been happening in my world.  What's going on in yours this week?  I'm praying Drew is okay today so he can start coming with us tomorrow.  If you would like, you can join me in praying that!  He's been miserable, and I hate seeing one of my kids so sick.  Well, I need to go and get a jump start on waking everyone.  I hope all of you have a blessed day.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...