Thursday, June 30, 2011

Christa

I miss this girl so much that it hurts.  Never in my life have I had someone that I relate to like she and I relate to one another.  She inspires me to reach out more and to try and be a better friend to those around me. 

And since she wrote a post about me, I'm going to write about her. 

I really miss her the most on nights when Todd works late.  She would come over and eat a yummy dinner with us, we'd make cookies for us the boys, and we would just hang out and talk.  Sometimes we would watch The Bachelor (or The Bachelorette), and sometimes we would watch a chick flick.  It never mattered.  I just liked to be with her. 

I miss her hugs.  She gives really great hugs (for a girl).  ;)

I miss her laugh...we would laugh together at the silliest, sometimes dumbest things.  And she has a great, loud, contagious laugh. 

I can't eat peanut M&M's without thinking of her.  Or Chex Mix (homemade, of course) or chips and salsa. 

I miss my Madea-watching buddy.  We even got yelled at one time by some random man in the movie theater that thought he was being cool, I guess.

I miss my midnight-movie-going friend.  Yes, we went to see the 2nd Twilight movie at midnight.  And we wore "I Love Edward" pens.  :)

I miss doing Bible study with her. 

I miss praying with her...we had this thing that every time we prayed together, we ended up in tears.  Together. 

Choir was never the same once she left...we would often crack up laughing at the most inappropriate time...especially when we saw the word retard.  I know...so juvenile.  Don't judge.

I miss our long, drawn out emails...she was quite bored at her job and we would email back and forth all day long, talking about everything...but always giving each other encouragement. 

She is my friend who sticks closer than a brother.  My spiritual sister in Christ.  We are the "iron sharpens iron" type of friends.

She might be the only other person as in love with God's word as I am. 

My sweet, precious Christa.  I love her, and tonight especially, I'm missing her. 



1 comment:

Christa said...

Oh my goodness!! Now I have a perma smile and little happy tears! Wow! you have such an amazing way with words.. an amazing spirit and an amazing mom that I want to be just like when I grow up. I love and miss you my dear friend.

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...