Thursday, May 5, 2011

What's In My Head

The title thing again.  Ugh.  The pressure. 

It's Thursday!  And it's a glorious day!  This is the third day in a row with the beautiful sunshine.  I will not take it for granted, I will not take it for granted!!  After all the rain, I was in desperate need of some vitamin D.

It's been a quiet morning.  I've been thinking about some things, and praying about some things.  I've been reading some of God's beautiful Word.  I love to peruse the Scriptures.  I love to see the notations I've made in my beloved Bible.  I love to go back and read what I've highlighted, underlined, or starred.  That's precisely why I mark all over my Bible...and why I have to replace it every three or four years.  My current favorite Bible is the New Living Translation.  It's teal and brown, and it's called The Sanctuary.  It also just happens to be from my sweet Daddy. 

I've been praying for our country today.  Today is the National Day of Prayer.  (Thank You, Lord, for this freedom that we as Americans have!)  I've been praying for a sweet lady that I know that had a very rough day yesterday.  I've been writing a couple of little notes that I hope will bless someone. 

I've been having "church" in my kitchen.  I miss the music at First Assembly of God.  The music was pretty good at our new church on Sunday.  I knew all the songs....but I missed the worshipful-ness of what I'm used to.  I know that I can't have everything in a church.  I knew that we would have to sacrifice one thing to gain in another area.  I'm okay with that.  But that means that I am going to have to do this more often.  Pop in my favorite praise cd and just let loose. 

It's sad that I let other people's opinions of me get in the way.  But I think that may change this week.  I was told to not be ashamed this morning by a friend.  God wants us to worship Him.  He deserves our highest praise.  Check out what I just read after I talked to my friend.


"You thrill me, Lord, with all You have done for me!  I sing for joy because of what You have done.  O Lord, what great works You do!  And how deep are Your thoughts."  Psalm 92:4,5

A coincidence?  I don't believe in them.  A God thing?  Most definitely. 

I know that I am not supposed to care what people around me think.  But in the new-ness of our church situation this past Sunday, I let myself tense up over what people thought about me.  I was also horribly self-conscience about my lack of hair...I got it all cut, and I felt kind of naked. 

And then, in the midst of my favorite praise cd, I was listening to a song that had these words in it:

You're worthy of worship!
You're worthy of praise!
You're worthy of honor!
You're worthy of thanks!

Every knee will bow! 
Every tongue will shout:
Jesus is the Lord!
Jesus is the Lord!

Every eye will see
The coming of the King!
Jesus is the Lord!
Jesus is the Lord!

Another God thing.  I've listened to this cd literally thousands of times (it's my favorite, I told you!) and I have never before today paid attention to those words!! 

But they are so true!  He is worthy!  I am going to have to just get "uncomfortable" in my surroundings on Sunday and worship Him.  It's a personal thing for people I know that, and some people may worship privately, on the inside.  I, however, am not one of those people.  I lift my hands.  I sing with my eyes closed and I sing very loudly.  (All those years in choir have warped me.)  I sing the songs and I pay attention to words I am singing.  I concentrate on singing them to my King.  Because of all that He has done for me.  For all of us.  He has given us grace and mercy.  And He is totally worthy of our praise. 

Our best praise. 

Why am I telling you this?  I don't really know.  Maybe to make myself feel better?  I don't know.  I think I've been feeling kind of sad all week because of this, though.  It's been rolling around in my head all week, and just putting my thoughts down makes me feel better.

I also wrote about this in my journal.  Yes, I still do that.  It clears my head.  I write prayers out all the time, and I did just that this morning over this issue.  Over being content in all circumstances. 

Well.  That's all.  I hope you all have a glorious day.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...