Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What Makes My Heart Happy

My man.

:)

I love him.  I love that aside from being husband and wife, we are the very best of friends.  When I look at him, his face is more familiar to me that my own.  His voice is the one that soothes me and comforts me when I'm upset, and it's the one that often lulls me to sleep during our late night talks.  I love his laugh, and how loud and contagious it is.  He gives it freely and often.  I love that about him. 

I love that rather than have date nights all the time, we both agree to spend all of our time (almost all of it, anyway) with the beautiful family we were blessed with.

However, tonight is NOT one of those nights.  :)

There is an annual banquet that the sheriff department gives to all its' many volunteers.  And spouses have never been invited.  Until this year...so guess where we're headed?!   I'm happy that he wants me to come with him.  He could be indifferent about me going, but he's not.  He wants me there.  So I'm going.  His parents have very graciously offered to watch the boys while we do this.

And tonight is not an ordinary, easy night at home.  Graham and Drew had lacrosse practice, so they had to pick them up.  Then Drew had open house at the middle school at six, and Graham is in charge of the lighting and sound.  So he had to be there at 5:30.  THEN, they get to do a little meet-and-greet and a tour around the upstairs where they will be housed next year.  So, they agreed to take all of them and do all of that.

As if that's enough, they're even taking them to IHOP afterwards.

Aren't they great??

They are, even without doing all of this, in case you're wondering.  I thank God everyday for giving me such awesome people in my life...and I pray that my boys remember how close we all were when they are married someday!  Because I am always going to be the "mother-in-law", never the "mom".  And life has a strange way of throwing back in your face the way you treat someone.

Anyway, I'm excited about our night out.  I might even be able to talk my man into buying me a cup of outrageously over-priced cup of coffee after.  Ya think?

Well...I have to run.  Love your peeps tonight...your babies...your teens...and pray for them.  God is good, and time is in His hands.

Love to all.

*******************

Two hours later, I'm thinking it's funny that I wrote this on this night.  A night when he got special recognition from Sheriff Oldham on his outstanding service with the sheriff's department.  I'm so proud of my hubby...he is hard working man, and he loves to serve others.  He's been on this department for almost four years now, and I could not be any more proud.  :)

Oh.  And he INSISTED on Starbucks.  Grande decaf caramel macchiato.  Mmmmmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...