Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I need some sunshine!  My friend Kim made a drawing-like picture of a sun her facebook profile picture, and she has made it known how much she LOVES the sunshine.  Not that I didn't feel like that before, but I sure do now!!!  I am ready to hear birds again...instead of thundering, or worse, the dreaded tornado siren. 

God is good, though, and we have been safe.  He's good anyway...but He helped calm my fears last night through a friend's verse she put as her facebook status. 

Matthew 8:26 Jesus responded, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!” Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm.

I said it before: I don't know why I let the weather bother me.  This verse breathed comfort into me last night when I read it.  Apparently, when I copied it as my status, it had the same effect on others.  I am so thankful we have God's word to look to!!  It is just that...comforting.  I view it as God's letter to me.  

I actually slept really well last night.  Todd ended up getting called out like I figured he would, so I put Drew in bed with me.  The other 3 boys were sleeping soundly when I went up to bed, but Drew was wide awake and looked pretty scared.  He ended up sleeping with me all night...and after he laid down with me, he was out in less that 10 minutes.  Poor baby.  I was shocked nobody woke up, but as far as I know, we all slept very soundly.  Praise God for that...that is not the case for a lot of my friends this morning!


Speaking of sleeping...Todd is passed out on the couch.  Poor thing.  He came home at about 8:30 this morning and is snoozing away.  Not even Andy barking is bothering him.  Who, by the way, speaking of the poor horror-stricken dog, is just about beside himself.  He didn't even eat his dinner last night.  He ate it this morning.  And now he's pacing.  And going from the upstairs to the down and back...again and again and again.  I'm thinking we need to have an emergency supply of valium for him.  God love his little pitiful heart.  


This morning was an experience, dropping the kids off at school.  It was thundering and lightning, so we weren't allowed to let the kids out of our cars.  I am so blessed that our school cares so much about our kids!  I know it's the norm...but I am feeling very thankful this morning.  Anyway, I did finally get all the kids dropped off, so now, here I sit.  I guess I need to jump up and get a move on things.  Lunches need to be made and the kitchen could stand to be neater.  


Hope you all have a dry day.  Love to all!

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...