Monday, April 25, 2011

I Know...Another One?

I'm glad I have a Savior.  I am so glad that I don't have to depend on myself to get over something difficult.  I love the song that Among The Thirsty sings...I'd Need a Savior.  In fact, I love it so much that I will post a video from YouTube.  Before you watch it, go down to the very bottom of my actual blog and pause the playlist you see at the bottom. 



If you are looking at this from facebook, click here to watch.  

I am so glad I don't have to depend on myself.  I have a wonderful Counselor, a Friend who takes the best possible care of me.  I'm so glad that even when (seemingly) trivial things happen, like when a beloved cat has to be put to sleep, that I can lean on a Savior to give me the words I need.

I love that when something goes wrong, my kids immediately ask me to pray.  I love those words: "Mom?  Will you pray?"

I love that He comforts me, He protects my loved ones, He is the shield around me, the Foundation I stand on.  He is amazing...and the more I know Him, the more I love Him.

It's an honor to be able to pray.  It's an honor to be able to freely worship Him.  I cannot hold back my love for Him, and I won't hold back my highest praise.  I am not embarrassed to lift my hands in worship...we were made to do just that...worship.

I love what Luke 19:40 says in The Message translation:  'But He said, "If they kept quiet, the stones would do it for them, shouting praise."'

He knew that we would need a Savior.

Definition of SAVIOR

1
: one that saves from danger or destruction
2
: one who brings salvation; specifically capitalized : jesus 1

Variants of SAVIOR

sav·ior or sav·iour

Examples of SAVIOR

  1. We all felt that she was our savior.
  2. savior, arriving on the scene just as we were about to be mugged>

Origin of SAVIOR

Middle English saveour, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin salvator, from salvare to save
First Known Use: 14th century

Related to SAVIOR

Isn't He something?  To know Him is to love Him.  Give Him a try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...