Sunday, April 24, 2011

#799

Yup.  You read it right.  This has been a great weekend.  Today was a wonderful day...a little bittersweet, but a wonderful day.  This day, the celebrated day of Jesus' rising from the dead, dawned bright and beautiful.  We had an amazing day at church, with incredible worship. 

It was bittersweet because it was our last day at my beloved church.  I know...I know...if it's so awesome, why are we leaving? 

Two words: my kids.  :(  It's not about us being happy in church...it's about the kids, and they have not been happy for a very long time.  I know this is what we have to do...but it hurts really bad.  We've been there for 12 years now, ever since Graham was born.  I love the people...I love the music...but my kids just need more.  More of what...I'm not sure, but we've already got a church in mind that we're going to on Wednesday night of this week. 

I made it through the whole weekend without crying.  I also didn't tell people because I didn't want to break down in front of them.  Then this morning happened...I cried on my sweet photographer friend, and I cried during the last song.  And I pretty much ran out the minute church let out.  Then cried more in my car...and I could not even look at my friend Marcia.  :( 

I know it's necessary, but I do feel peace about the whole situation, and I'm only writing it about it on here because I've already emailed our pastors.  The head pastor, my music pastor, and our friend Eddie.  Now that they all know I feel free to write about it on here.  But it stinks...the whole change thing.  I am very comfortable at Memphis First Assembly of God.  I love the music we sing, and I love helping lead worship there.  I am praying I'll find a spot at the new church.  I'm praying I'll even be able to eventually join a choir again. 

Anyway, that's what's been going on.  It was a really nice day.  The whole fam came over to my house after church.  I was glad to have everyone over here for once.  The boys had a great time, and hopefully everyone else did, too.  We watched Astro Boy late this afternoon, then ended our day by having a late, lazy dinner while we watched tonight's recorded Amazing Race. 

Good times were had by all.  Forgive me if I'm a little sad...kinda feelin' a little blah right this minute.  I'm about to go upstairs to read my new Karen Kingsbury book.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Hello Monday!

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was excellent...