Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Rules of Being A Good Southern Girl

Know how to properly spell y'all.  As in "you all"...y'all.

When cooking dinner, it's always better to have too much than not enough.

The more truly is merrier.

Don't ever let anyone see your 'naked' toenails...even if you're letting them 'breathe', keep them to yourself.

Always keep a Bible nearby.

Teach your kids to 'say grace'.

Teach your kids good, old fashioned manners.  There is nothing sweeter than hearing 'yes ma'am' come out of a child's mouth.

Watch the words that come out of your mouth.

Never talk about the family's 'black sheep' in public.

Never disagree in public, and even if you are spitting mad at your significant other, don't ever let anyone else in on the fact.  Always treat one another with utmost respect and kindness.  You can always hash it out later, in private.  (My dear sweet Daddy enlightened me on this one.)

ALWAYS THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK.  And watch what you say and how you say it!  Nobody wants unwanted attention upon themselves. 

Be prepared!!  For lots of things...boo-boos, uninvited drop-in's at home, running into everyone you know AND their brother at Walmart...you get my drift.  You should all know by now that anytime you go anywhere without make-up is the day you will see everyone you know.  Be ready for it.  (If you care about make-up, that is...if you don't, then more power to you!  I, personally am on the fence on this one.  I do like to appear put together, but I also have days that I don't wear a stitch of make-up.  Whatever you are...be confident in who you are!!!)

Always make sure you're wearing 'good' underwear.  I have been warned that people in hospitals (and ambulances) WILL talk about your underthings.  And they will laugh at your unpainted toe nails.  Or worse...you're CHIPPED toe nail polish.  GASP.  Oh, the horror. 

Know and act out the Golden Rule...do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  If everyone in this world acted out this one simple rule...most of our problems would be solved.  Seriously...but nobody asks my opinion. 

Discipline your children, please.  Nobody wants to be around undisciplined children.  Don't let them run around all crazy-like in restaurants, either.  I am aware that you have children, yes, I have 4 of my own.  And mine are all sitting down nicely and quietly, remembering their manners.  And for goodness' sake, teach them about personal space...as in, 'don't be all up in mine'!!

Well, that's all for now...this might be continued at a later date...but then again, it might not. 

*Disclaimer: all of what is written above are my thoughts and my opinions.  If anything similar has ever been written, it is purely coincidental. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...