Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Our Week

It's been a great week!  Out 2 hours early on Monday, out 2 and a half hours early today, pretty sure NO SCHOOL tomorrow (or Friday, for that matter!)...all these are the makings of a fantabulous week!!!

And, here is the kicker...it's completely justified this time!  If I had to guess, I would say that we already have about 4-5 inches on the ground, and from what I hear, the roads are terrible.   I was thrilled to get a call from the hubs this morning telling me he wasn't driving to Poplar Bluff, MO after all.  He left this morning with an overnight bag (for just in case), and I was apprehensive about him being out on the roads with all this mess on the way.  However, the dr. called him and told him not to come.

So, even though he is in town, he's still not here.  He is riding with the sheriff's department again tonight.  He did Monday night, too.  He rides as O.I.C. (officer in charge), and the chief trusts his driving.  :)  I'm pretty proud of him.  And speaking of that...I'm really proud of him for saving someone's life Monday night.  Poor thing was sore from doing chest compressions for so long...but I'd say it was worth it.  It makes it worthwhile having to give him up some...I'm thankful that God has given him a good, strong work ethic and a servant's heart. 

So, my funny story for the week is about me taking an epic fall.  I was getting into my car to go pick up the boys, and between the slippery ground, my wet shoes, and a slippery running board along the side of my suburban...I busted it.  Have you even fallen and felt like it was in slow motion?  I felt like that.  I had absolutely nothing to grab onto, and I couldn't do anything to stop myself.  I fell flat on my back, and I think my head might have bounced a time or two.  Lol...I'm fine, but why did my neighbor pick that moment to drive by??? 

It was funny...I laid there and just laughed and laughed.  Well...I'm going to get off here and listen to the joyful sounds of my boys (+2) playing and watching Beethoven. I hope you all stay warm tonight!  Love to all!

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...