Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Afternoons Are NOT Meant For Science Fair Projects!!!

U.G.H.  I am officially OVER science fair.  Who in the world do "they" think are doing the projects???  It sure isn't the kids!!!  And get this...the one my 5th grader is doing is harder than the one my 6th grader is doing!  Who would've thunk???  I know...I'm pretty sure that's not a word...but it fit here, so there you have it.

I missed church because of my little Jonah bug this morning.  Due to the fact that our their projects are due on Wednesday and the fact that Todd is working tonight, I'd already decided we were not going to church tonight.  So here we sit, watching the Pro Bowl.  Which, according to the negative comments coming from my own personal peanut section, is not all it's cracked up to be. 

I gotta say...I never thought I'd be watching this without my hubby.  But I am.  Because he has warped all of our children.  AND, I have heartburn.  I know...that was kind of a randomly placed sentence, but I do.  And it made me feel just a teensy bit better by typing it. 

"Can somebody throw all the quarterbacks off the team???"  Graham shouted at the t.v. 

See my point???  I would honestly prefer to watch Good Luck Charlie, or something else along those lines.  And yes, I like that show.  And Hannah Montana Forever (but apparently NOT).  And before you ask, yes, as a matter of fact, I did indeed cry at the last episode.  Especially when Hannah changed her mind and went to college with Lilly. 

I feel like I was blasphemous today because the boys did school work.  I know...I know.  That's probably a whole other post, but I can't help it.  Since when are my kids old enough to have to do homework over the weekends now?  Not really...they usually don't, but this weekend was the exception.  Especially since tomorrow night will be spent listening to a million kids giving 4H speeches.  (I might have forgotten to mention that Graham placed 2nd in his class and now has to compete at the county level tomorrow night.)  I'm proud of him.  And I'm praying that we make it out of the good 'ol Agricenter before midnight. 

Between that, the Spring-like weather that made me force all of my kids outside all day yesterday, and Tuesday night's lacrosse practice, this weekend was the only time we had to complete their projects.  I'm only responsible for one...Graham's.  Drew's project is being done at his friends' house.  Thank the Lord for sweet friends! 

If anyone is watching the Pro Bowl...in all the football commercials, what the heck is that transformer-looking guy supposed to be?  He looks extra weird tonight because he has on a hula skirt and is doing a hula dance.  Hmmm.  Just a thought. 

Well.  I'm going to go.  I can't think of anything else to say.  G'night. 

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...