Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow Day & Comfort Food

Doesn't that sound heavenly?  Today was perfect in almost every way.  Mother Nature blessed us again last night and around 8 or so, we got the call that schools were closed due to icy road conditions.  And, by the way, this time they were dead on.  The roads really were icy, and I am thankful that they took our kids' safety into consideration. 

Anyway, since we knew there was no school, all the kids stayed up late and we got caught up on American Idol.  Lurve!!!  Steven Tyler is awesome...and I never knew that he was such a nice guy.  I don't know if he's calmed down some in his older years or what, but I really like him.  So, we watched Wednesday and Thursday nights' episodes before we went to bed. 

This morning we had ginormous cinabon-style cinnamon rolls for breakfast and hit the road.  We promised to take the boys sledding again.  And we did.  And it was every bit as much fun this time as it was the last!  Except this time was better because I was bundled up more.  I had on two pairs of pants, two shirts, a coat, four pairs of socks and my hubby's rubber boots.  :)  The only thing that got cold this time was my face, and by the time we left, I couldn't talk.  Because my lips were numb.  I don't know that I've ever been able to say that before.  But they were, and I seriously couldn't talk.  It was the weirdest feeling.

We swapped kids with some friends that we saw, and came home to eat lunch.  And yes, for the 2nd time in 12 hours, we ate chicken tortilla soup.  Yummmmm!!!  Oh, and in case you're wondering, that's where the comfort food part of this title comes in.  It's also what we had for dinner last night.

The kids have been playing all afternoon, I had a nap, watched HGTV as long as I wanted and talked to one of my best friends for half an hour.  It was glorious.  The only thing that would make this day better would be if my sister could come over like she originally planned.  But we decided that we didn't want her taking a chance if the roads got icy again.  Todd's working tonight, and we were going to have a girly night at my house.  Maybe next time. 

Instead of my girly night, it's turning into a one female and six boy kind of night.  Because we have extras.  Ahhh, the joys of being a mom of boys.  Well...I guess if these kids want to eat, then I need to get off here and go figure out something for dinner.  And I do plan on still watching a chick flick tonight.  It won't be the same without my sis, but I'll take what I can get. 

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...