Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Week in Review

Whatever, right???  It's that stupid title thing.  Again.  My teacher friend comes up with snazzy ones, but me??? Well.  Just look at the title and there you go. 

What a week it's been!  I love some snow days!  Especially when it's actually snow, and not just ice.  My kids got the all important phone call Sunday night telling us that, yes indeed-y, school was out.  :)))  Don't you remember that feeling as a kid?!  Getting that little piece of info was magical.  I try to replicate that for my kids every time it happens.  I loved that feeling, and hope that my kids look back on these years and remember them with the same fondness I do.

And then we got a 2nd snow day.  On the first one, Todd was home with us.  We all slept late, had a yummy chocolate chip pancake breakfast with hot chocolate, and the kids played outside all morning.  After lunch we took them sledding.  It was so much fun!!  There's a huge hill that half of The Ville showed up to have fun in the snow, and we were among the many. 

On Tuesday we woke up late again :), had breakfast and went to lunch and a movie with Daddy.  We ate at Chik Fil A, and saw Yogi Bear in 3D.  It was a cute movie...and Jonah was still (and QUIET) the entire time.  That, my friends, is a huge deal.  The kid cannot sit through a movie to save his life.  But he did this one!  I didn't hear him say one thing, although at one point, he did look at me and give me a thumbs up. 

So, now it's back to the real world.  School, work...all the usual stuff.  Homework...you name it.  I treasure all the little moments I get in life with my kids.  It seems like I wish my life away sometimes.  I really try to remember not to do that, though.  It's easy to get all caught up in things that are not important.  Sometimes I will look at one of my kids and remind myself to just slow down and to enjoy them.  I know they're only young once, and I want them to have great memories of these years. 

Well...speaking of that, I am going to enjoy a movie with them now.  And enjoy being snuggly in my fleece pj's and robe.  Because the heater is not working downstairs and it is FUH-REEZING in here.  Last time I looked at the thermostat, the temp was a chilly 60 degrees up in here.  :)  Well...good night and love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...