Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Prayer For My Boys

Lord,

I ask that You give complete knowledge to Graham, Drew, Jonah and Noah.  I ask that aside from this knowledge, you also give them spiritual wisdom and understanding.  Then the way they live will always honor and please You, and their lives will always produce every good kind of fruit.  Help Graham, Drew, Jonah and Noah to grow as they learn to know You better and better.

I pray that Graham, Drew, Jonah and Noah be strengthened with all Your glorious power so they will have all the endurance and patience they need.  May they each always be filled with joy, always thanking You, the Father.  You have enabled them to share in the inheritance that belongs to Your people who live in the light. 

I pray that Your roots grow down into Graham, Drew, Jonah and Noah, and I pray that their lives will be built on You.  I pray that their faith will grow strong in the truth they were taught, and that they will overflow with thankfulness. 

Clothe them with tenderheartedness, mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Help them to make allowance for others faults and to forgive freely.  Clothe them with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.  And let the peace that comes from You rule in their hearts. 

Help Graham, Drew, Jonah and Noah to live wisely among unbelievers, and help them to make the most of every opportunity.  Let their conversations always be gracious and attractive to You. 

I ask this in Your precious, holy Name, the Name above all others. 

Amen

(Taken from Colossians 1:9-12, 3:12-14 and 4:5-6 in my own words)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Wednesday hodgepodge

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with Joyce's Wednesday hodgepodge this week, since this was one thing we talked about th...