Monday, December 20, 2010

Slowing Down...

Sometimes it's nice to do that.  So often we get caught up in the frenzy that is called 'life', that it seems abnormal to just sit...and relax. 

But we need to do that more often, don't we?  For instance, my sister Lisa lives three miles from me, and I hardly ever see her.  Because she's constantly running around and working, and because I...well, maybe because of all my kids.  Who knows?  Anyway, I haven't had just her and her family over in just about sweet forever (aside from Halloween, and that doesn't count b/c it's so busy), so I invited them all over tonight.  The only ones able to come were her, Erika and Jaret.  Tyler was at a friend's house and Jim had a late meeting.  We ate dinner, and I left the dishes everywhere and we just settled down to relax.  To talk.  We never get that chance.

It's sad that we're so close, but we're also so far away it seems.  Tonight was wonderful because by her coming to my house, she was able to escape for a little while.  Meaning we actually had a great conversation without the constant interruptions that our day brings.  It was heavenly.  My sweet nephew, Jaret, played on our piano and the boys talked KK into going upstairs to play the wii.  Lisa and I sat and just caught up. 

I guess what I'm saying is this: we all need to take some time to smell the roses.  We all need to schedule moments like this in our lives.  Whether it be with family members, with friends...whoever.  It's important to have a life outside of your immediate family.  I'm blessed with some amazing, Godly friends in my life, but I also pray that I never take for granted my sisters.  And, too often, I do.  I think that occasionally, these little impromptu times of being together can be scheduled.  Don't you?

Life is too short to waste opportunities that God gives us.  Whether it's a phone call that needs to be made or a personal, face to face meeting...whatever it may be....use your time wisely.  Who knows when a day might be our very last? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...