Friday, December 3, 2010

ramblings

Even though you all know how bad I hate Thursdays...yesterday was a fun one.  I was able to take off work and go with Drew on his Apex field trip.  We went to Germantown High School to see a play call The Farnsworth Invention.  It actually ran very late, and because of that, I just took the whole day off. 

Which I never do.  When I go on field trips, I always get back early and finish out what would be a regular day.  But not yesterday.  And I enjoyed every minute of it.  I had time to go spend in my favorite place-the library.  I got oodles of Christmas books to keep my mind nice and focused on Christmas and what it's all about. 

Yesterday afternoon after I picked up all the boys and dispensed some back to their proper owners, the boys and I met Todd over at his parents' house.  They fed us dinner as a bribe so we would help them put their tree up.  It was a nice arrangement for all involved...I didn't have to cook and their tree got up four times as fast!  Lots of little helping hands make a huge difference in the amount of time if takes to put a tree up, I am telling you!!

We left their house and were heading home when Jonah asked from the backseat, "Mom?  Can we go see Aunt Debi?"  He and Noah had not seen her yet.  So I called to make sure it was okay if we stopped by and we stayed there for about a half hour.  Until Jonah was about to fall asleep on Debi's lap.  He LOVES her.  They are a cute little pair.  It makes me even more sad that we don't get to see her that often. 

So, here we are at Friday!!  My favorite week day!  We have plans to attend The Ville's Christmas parade tonight.  I cannot wait!!!  I think I'm going to make something yummy and warm to eat for dinner and then we're going to head that way to get our spots reserved.  Fun times!!!  I love the Christmas parade!!  I absolutely adore this time of year.  I love all our little traditions.  It's going to be a fabulous weekend and very busy next week.  That's the week before The Christmas Window at church and I'm going to be there almost every night for 8 nights straight. 

But I'm excited.  I'm also on countdown mode until the last week of school.  :)  Imagine that. 

Well, I hope you all have a blessed day.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...