Saturday, December 18, 2010

another "thoughts rambling around in my brain" post

It was my birthday on Tuesday.  I turned 34.  Do I feel 34?  Heck no.  But when kids call me "ma'am", then I suppose I do feel that old. 

I had a great birthday with my family...and some of my favorite gifts were of the homemade variety. 

I got some sweet little goodies from friends at school.  To name a few: a little girl brought me homemade puppy chow, I got a new bottle of OPI...Extravaganza from the new Burlesque line, some cool socks and a Yankee candle.  Yummy. 

I got a bajillion hugs from sweet little friends at school all week.  And I was told repeatedly: "Mrs. Goodwin, you are the best and nicest cafeteria lady EVER."  There is nothing on earth like a kid making you feel like a rock star.  ;)

I spent quality time with my parents this week.  And my in-loves.  AND I even got a date night with my main man.  Thank you, Phyllis and Wiley.  I love you...even more than I did before that great night. 

Graham had a band concert on Tuesday night and I got all misty-eyed over the sight of my oldest son all dressed up in dress pants, shirt and tie.  He is truly growing up, and while the thought of that makes me a little sad...I'm also very proud of the young man he is becoming.

The movie Shrek NEVER gets old.  I love that Jonah and Noah are watching it for the first time. 

I love the fact that tonight while we were at my Mom's having dinner, Big Daddy randomly put on a scary mask, and then went outside to scare the boys.  It worked.  :)

I also love the fact that even though it was 9:30 when we got home tonight, we all stayed outside and put up some Christmas cheer in our front yard.  :)

I think I'm addicted to these:  :)

My kids are about to go to bed...and I think I am, too. 

Oh and one more...can you believe I accidentally bought DECAF coffee the last time I bought coffee?!?!?!  I can't.  Ugh.

Love to all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...