Monday, November 22, 2010

tRaDiTiOnS

Do you have any?  I'd love to hear them!  I'm always looking for new ideas.  One of my goals this year is to say yes to my kids more.  If they ask if we can take the long way home so we can look at Christmas lights, I plan on saying "Yes!".  I am going to stop our regular devotions for the time being and we're going to start a family Advent one I'm getting from Lifeway.  I plan on remembering the Reason for the season even more this year. 

There is one very busy week we're going to have practicing and then performing The Christmas Window at our church.  In fact, it's a week that I will be there every day for eight days straight.  I'm tempted to just pitch a tent and stay.  If I don't have to be there, then my kids do have to be there.  It's a fun time, though, and one I look forward to.  It's a great outreach for our city...and speaking of that, I would love for all of you to come!  We'll be performing Friday night December 10th at 7pm, December 11th and 12th, all at the same time.  It's free admission, and something that the whole family will enjoy.  I'd love to see you all there. 

Well...I don't know how I got so sidetracked, but now it's time for me to go.  I have to eat and do a few more things before I leave for work.  I hope you have a blessed day.  I challenge you to think of a new family tradition this year.  I also challenge you to make the holiday came alive in a more personal way this year.  I've got my ideas on how I'm going to do this, but I'd love to hear yours. 

Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...