Sunday, November 28, 2010

a no church Sunday morning :(

I am missing church today.  :(  Along with all the boys.  We usually don't let them all miss just because of one kid, but today Todd had to be there at 8:30 and since it's a Sunday after a holiday, I figured they would be watching a movie in kids' church.  So.  Here we all sit. 

It's 9:13 a.m. and Drew just asked if he could have chili from Krystals for breakfast.  Leftover from Aunt Trish being here the other night.  Lol...it's gonna be that kind of a day.

Back to the reason I'm missing church...Jonah has had fever since Friday.  It's not a high fever...the highest it got was 101.4, but it's sticking around.  The only symptom he has besides the fever is a cough.  He feels fine and acts completely normal, but because he has fever, we're staying away from people.  Well, people that aren't related to us, anyway. 

It's been such a great time off school and work.  We got started off on a great start...Jonah and Noah went to the Orpheum with Mimi and Papa, and Todd and the older boys went to a U of M basketball game with some friends.  I spent quality time with my sister Trish on Wednesday night when Todd worked for the sheriff's department.  We watched Eat Pray Love when all the boys went upstairs for the night.  I asked her if she would start coming over to keep me company on the nights when Todd rides.  Because Christa used to do that all the time, and I miss having someone around to watch girly movies with! 

We were with family the entire day on Thankgiving, and on Friday we decked our halls.  :)  And then Jonah got sick.  We went to Dad's that night to celebrate Thanksgiving with him, and Todd and Jonah met us at the zoo for the Christmas zoo lights.  Yesterday my mom, Drew and I went out and did a little shopping, and Todd and the other boys all got out for just a bit.  When we canceled our plans at our friends' last night, we decided to go to my mom's again for the last of the leftovers.  :) 

And here we are today.  I love looking at all my Christmas decorations.  This is my favorite time of year.  Jonah was so cute yesterday morning when he woke up.  He turned on all our Christmas lights and said, "Mommy, our house is so pretty with all our decorations up.  Don't you know that I sang Christmas songs in my head all night last night?"  I told him that he hadn't, in fact, sung those songs in his head, but OUT LOUD for about an hour.  Yes, my baby sings in his sleep.  Is that not the most precious thing you have ever heard?  Well, after it stopped being creepy, I mean. 

Well, I have laundry waiting on me.  Imagine that.  I better get a start on it all.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...