Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Key to Parenting

If you think you're going to find it here, you are sadly mistaken!  Don't you wish you had an instruction manual on how to raise kids?

Well, guess what?  We do!  It's called the Bible.

This morning I was reading in Proverbs and read this verse:

Proverbs 19:18  Discipline your children while there is hope.  Otherwise you will ruin their lives.

Huh?  I know I have read the book of Proverbs in its entirety, but I do not recall this verse.  Maybe because I was reading in the New Living Translation this morning.

I look to the Lord for daily instruction.  I know that I am to follow His commandments, and I know that He has practical advice on marriage and parenting.  Why not pull out the ol' Bible and try giving it a good read?  You just might be surprised at what you find inside.  I personally love the book of Proverbs~there is lots of wisdom to be found within the 31 chapters.  And there are some that are just downright funny...like the verse that says a nagging wife is comparable to a dripping faucet! 

May your day be richly blessed today, and every day.  Love to all.

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...