Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

Good mornting!  Aw, that makes me miss my friend, Christa.  Speaking of the girl...I get to see her in a few short weeks when her and her new hubby make the trek home for Christmas!  I cannot believe it's been two months since I have laid eyes on her.  And yes...we have some time scheduled.  I miss my Madea-watchin' friend!

Today is going to be a God-day.  And hopefully a good day.  :)  I've already prayed, and committed this entire day to my Lord and Savior.  And I know He has it all in His hands. 

I'm so excited about tonight.  It's our annual tree lighting ceremony here in The Ville.  Festivities start at 5:30 with special music from our local schools, Santa will arrive and he will countdown the seconds for our huge tree to light!  And The Ville takes pity on us high tax-paying citizens and the mayor and aldermen pass out free hot chocolate.  :) 

This is the stuff memories are made of, people.  And I cannot WAIT to get started!!! 

And as a bonus, my sister Debi, whom I have not seen in an entire year, is flying in from the great state of Colorado today.  She's not flying in for fun and games, but to be a help to my sister Lisa, who's daughter (my niece) is in the hospital.  I'll be so glad to see her...even if the circumstances are very sad.  And I know Lisa will be thrilled to have her here.  Debi's planning on just being there for her.  As an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on, an extra set of hands to help with laundry or dinner or errands...and I'm thankful that her sweet hubby Mike is letting this all happen. 

Family needs family...especially in the middle of crisis. 

That's about it for my day.  I'm also looking forward to Drew's upcoming field trip on Thursday.  We're going to see a play with his Apex class at the Germantown Performing Arts Center.  I signed up as a chaperone, praying my boss would let me go.  She probably will...she's a great lady to work for, and she always urges me to go on these trips while they're young.  I am very thankful to work for someone so kind. 

Heck...I'm thankful for my job, period.  It's not perfect all the time, but I do enjoy what I do.  I enjoy being sociable...which is a huge part of working.  I love meeting new parents, getting to know staff...but mostly I love the kids.  I have a rewarding job to look forward to every single day (I really do, I NEVER dread going to work...unless I'm sick!).  I have lots to be thankful for. 

Well, guess what?  I have kids that need to be woken up and laundry that needs to be folded!  So...I guess I will stop writing.  I hope you all have a blessed day...and if you have some spare moments to yourself, can you please say a prayer for my precious niece, Erika?  And also for her mom, Lisa, her brothers, Jaret and Tyler and her dad, Ed.  Family circumstances are difficult...bad relationships between the kids and their dad...but join me in praying for healing of her body and mind, and for the restoration and healing of broken relationships.  They could definitely use these prayers!  Thanks, and love to all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...