Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday?

I don't get the big deal about Black Friday.  And why Black Friday?  I don't even get the name.  It's no surprise that I detest shopping.  I do enjoy Christmas shopping, because I put thought into the things I buy for others.  I love giving gifts, so some shopping is definitely required. 

My husband has even been known to go out on this day.  Last year, for instance, he stayed up all night on Thanksgiving night so he could be first in line at Walmart to grab the big gifts from Santa.  God bless his heart.  I wouldn't do it if my life depended on it. 

The only thing I do not love about this time of year are the throngs of people everywhere I go.  Good heavens, it is impossible to get around.  And the traffic is horrible, which is why we stay in Collierville or Germantown (and out of Cordova!!).  Needless to say I pray for extended periods of time during this crazy season!  Lol.

I know some people do it, and more power to you.  And last year, Todd saved a couple hundred dollars by going out early.  And for that I am thankful.  It's just not for me. 

Today I will celebrate this day by decorating our house for Christmas with my kids.  Noah has been up since 7 anticipating putting the Christmas tree up.  That is first on our list of things to do this morning.

And I hear the hubs stirring upstairs...so...happy day to you all!

1 comment:

Rene' said...

Girl, I hear you....I could have written this myself! I hate the crowds and I hate the traffic...I'll stay in the 'ville! Love you!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...