Monday, November 15, 2010

Another Blessed Week

We are on borrowed time.  I know that.  I also know that my kids are not my own.  They are only on loan to me from God the Father.  I know that He has time in His hands.  I know that we should live each day as if it were our last. 

And I am still stunned at the horrific tragedy a coworker is going through.  I'll post the link to the article below.

Click HERE to read more specifically about it. 

Talk about a jump start into putting your life into perspective.  I got the phone call on Thursday night about my friend and all that night, I tossed and turned thinking about it.  I spent half the night sleeping, or trying to, and the other half I spent praying for her during this unimaginable loss.  And the next day, I was either crying or fighting tears. 

Even the kids at school seemed to sense there was something horribly wrong, and there was a strange hush around the school.  Never have I felt more thankful to work with such an amazing staff and administrators.  It's nice to see how everyone pulls together in the event of something tragic...and the little (sometimes HUGE) things I keep hearing about how the school stepped in and filled a gap in some way make me so proud to work where I do. 

All weekend, I have felt so blessed at all the little moments that make up my life.  I am so thankful that I have these amazingly healthy boys...even if for only a brief time.  I am remembering to enjoy the smaller things in my life.  For instance, when Graham didn't want to go to his WyldeLife meeting Saturday night in favor of going to Nana's and Big Daddy's...who am I to tell him otherwise??  It's not going to be long until he starts wanting to hang out with his friends instead of his family. 

I am going to thank God for every piece of laundry and every toy I have to pick up off the floor.  As I smooth all the wrinkles out of their sheets every morning, I will remember to rejoice that these precious children God has blessed me with, are mine to care for.  I will laugh along with them when I hear them laughing in their rooms at night, instead of going to sleep.  I will make memories with these boys. 

Because, for now, God has blessed me with these little gifts of life. 

I will try my very hardest to never take one single moment for granted.  And I will life to the fullest...the way God intended.

I challenge you to do the same. 

***If you read the article I posted a link to, and feel led to help this family with the financial burden of getting these boys back home to Memphis for their memorial services, you can get in touch with the people at Bank Tennessee in Collierville.  A foundation has been set up in their honor to assist them during this time of loss.  And please remember this sweet family in your prayers as they walk through this valley.***

Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...