Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday, At Last!

I shouldn't say that, I suppose, because it's been a really good week.  Busy as usual, but really good.  And, as some of my coworkers believe, the kiddos at CES have been pretty well behaved, even in spite of that glorious full moon I've been enjoying.  I was curious yesterday about how many lunch visitors we had, so Kathy in the front office, looked on the raptor machine we use to sign people in on, if it kept up with the numbers of people we had come in.  It did.  With a fancy little bar graph and everything.  Yesterday we had 93 visitors for lunch, but Thursday we had 106!  All I know, is that in a mere ten days, I've gone through over 500 labels for all our lunch visitors! 

I knew that it was very busy yesterday in the cafeteria.  Thank goodness for the most awesome parent volunteers ever!  The lady that's in charge of getting me help in the cafeteria has 2 people in there with me on most days.  I don't really know what I would do if that weren't the case, because when parents start coming, I sit at the desk the whole time and do nothing but sign people in.  The parent pretty much takes over helping the kids.  Until 15 minutes later, and some of the teacher assistants come in and start helping.  It's crazy, but it sure does go by fast!  My three hours, that is. 

Anyway, I don't know why I said all that.  Hmmm.  Maybe I'll think of the reason why later.  I am so thankful that it is almost the weekend!  I missed being at home the whole weekend last weekend, and I missed Jonah's and Noah's soccer game.  :(  I HATE missing their games.  I went to Nashville for a girl's only trip for my friend Christa.  It was really a bachelorette thing.  We left on Saturday morning and came home Sunday night.  We stayed in a hotel in downtown Nashville.  It was fun, but I don't like being away from my family.  I have discovered that traveling with friends is not the same as traveling with your husband.  There is no one else I am as comfortable with, and I really did miss them.  So, I'm thankful that tonight and the rest of the weekend, we are all under one roof. 

Well, sort of.  Tonight Drew, Jonah and Noah are going to a church event at the church down the street from us.  Graham is too old for it, so we're taking him to a Briarcrest football game.  Thanks to some awesome neighbors.  My friend, Beth, works the concession stands, and she got us family season passes for all the home games this year.  Pretty cool, huh???  Football is football is football.  And free, at that!!  So Todd and I are going to take Graham to the game.  I guess we'll be a  family divided, but only for a short while.  We'll probably have to leave a little early to go pick up the other ones, but that's okay.  I told Drew he could have a friend (Nate the Great) spend tonight with us.  Tomorrow morning we will be up early for soccer.  And we might go to our church's Cordova Fest.  :(  Even though it's not my favorite thing. 

I'm just excited it's the weekend.  Especially because last night we got all our "house" stuff done.  The yard (front and back) have been cut one last time, thanks to Todd and Graham, Todd edged one last time, and I started cleaning upstairs.  I'll finish that this morning so I won't have to do anything else "housely" to do over the weekend.  I will get to enjoy my family to the fullest.  And I will.  I hope you do, too!  Happy Friday to all of you, I hope your day and your weekend is blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...