Wednesday, August 11, 2010

it's funny how God speaks

I had a mini (major?) meltdown on Monday.  I won't go into specifics, but I just did.  My coworkers all experienced it, and they helped me through it.  One, in particular, gave me very wise advice. 

In the meantime,I always do a morning devotion with my kids in the car.  I love and cherish this time each morning.  We do the devotion, read a Bible verse and discuss it, then we pray.  And then they get out of my safe car and go into the worldly world.  I love this time.

Yesterdays devotion spoke straight to me.  It was all about making friends with the unfriendly.  Or the un-loveable.  And how the Lord requires this of us.  His word says we are to love because He first loved us.  (1 John 4:19)

And I think: Thank You, Lord.  For teaching me through these little morning devotions.  Here I am thinking they're so beneficial to the kids and about to pat myself on the back, and I think these words.  Who ever would have thought that I would also reap from it?

Isn't that just like God?  To speak in unexpected ways?  To teach us in divine moments of time like I had with them yesterday morning? 

He did it again this morning.  Maybe as a reminder?  Check out today's verse from our devotion: 

Colossians 3:12  Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Okay, God.  I get it.  I get it. 

Lesson for the day dully noted and tucked away in the recesses of my memory.  Is He teaching you something today?  Look for Him in the unexpected times. 

Love to all.

Oh, and I went back and apologized for my meltdown yesterday.  I had a major moment of weakness, and while I was thankful that my sweet friends were there to listen, I felt foolish.  Imagine THAT

1 comment:

  1. I love God's way of teaching us too...sometimes He is subtle but sometimes he has to put a big sign up!
    Be blessed my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...