Tuesday, July 20, 2010

the things that make me cry

Charlotte's Web.  I took Jonah, Noah and their sweet little friend, Hannah to see that today at the Malco Kidzfest movie.  I almost made a spectacle of myself.  I absolutely LOVE Julia Roberts in that movie-she is so good as the voice of Charlotte.  And Kathy Bates, and even Oprah Winfrey, although I don't much care for her.  I wondered if I was the only one crying at the end?  Hmmmmm.

Toy Story 3.  Holy cow.  My dad, boys and I went to see that last Monday, and I thought I was going to have to get up.  R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S. I tell you.  I knew it would be a tear jerker, too, because Andy had grown up.  And that sentence brings me to....

Let Me Hold You Longer, by Karen Kingsbury.  If you are interested in looking into this book, click HERE.  Just do yourself a favor and go there and check it out...then come back to my blog.  I was thinking the other day...I don't remember the last time I held Graham and Drew.  It's true-what this book is about-you spend a lot of time recording your kids' firsts.  But what about all those lasts???  It makes me realize that I need to slow down and cherish those moments.  Who knows when it will be the last?

Prayer for my loved ones.  Any time one of my family or friends comes to me with a need, especially a serious, sometimes life-threatening one, while I'm praying I cry.  I always get overwhelmed by God's love for me, and the fact that He cares about all of our life's troubles.  This happened Sunday night at church, as we gathered in circles and prayed for one another.  I love that time. 

A friend's kindness and sensitivity.  That happened to me today as well, and it made me cry.  Maybe it was the fact that the floodgate had already been opened by Charlotte's Web...I don't know.  But it made me cry.

When other people cry in front of me.  I stole this line from Steel Magnolias (one of my all time favorite movies EVER):  "Nobody cries alone in my presence!"  I think it was Dolly Parton's character that said that to Julia Robert's character.  :)  As Julia looked at her new short hairstyle in the mirror after Dolly had cut it.

Saying goodbye to someone who lives far away.  I cried when we left Iceland for this very reason.  Who knows when we'll all see each other again?  I also cried as we said goodbye to the pastors of the church in Vestmannaeyjar. 

Well, I'm gonna go for now.  My neighbor and her nephews invited us over to swim.  So, that takes precedence.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...