Wednesday, June 2, 2010

procrastinating

If I sat down and made a list of all the things we need to do before we leave for Iceland, I'm afraid the list would be a mile long.  But for some reason, I can't bring myself to get started on it.  Hmmmm.  Yes, I do get like this sometimes.  I guess because I know how much I can get done in the day or two before trips.  Maybe I'm finally getting smart and saving myself from all the pointless middle part.  Like list making. 

Whatever the reason...I'm sitting here blogging AGAIN, and enjoying some quality time with Noah.  I was enjoying quality time with Meredith, Matt, Ann and Al before he came in and stole the remote away from me.  Oh well.  He's so cute, I'll let him get away with it.  Maybe it's sucking up to him because of the fact that we almost DROVE AWAY WITHOUT HIM last night. 

He was at the neighbor's house playing with another little boy and I thought he was in the car.  Whoops.  He rode with Mimi and Papa to the ball game and when he got in their car, he said, "Nobody called for me to tell me we were leaving!" 

Whoops.  I had to apologize.  And hey, sometimes, the kid is really quiet.  As in you forget he's there quiet.  Sometimes.  Yeah, I'll say that to make myself feel better. 

Last night Todd opened up his Backyard Barber Shop.  Not really...but he did buzz a kid's hair.  Eli is on their baseball team.  His mom, Amanda, and I were best friends when we were in middle school and part of high school.  Her son Eli had really long hair and decided last night that he wanted it buzzed.  So Todd did it for him.  Anytime we can help a friend save some money...our backyard is open. 

So...that's about it.  We're doing more of the same today...hanging out here until it warms up enough for the boys to swim.  :)  Working on the tan some more...so I can take it to Iceland with me and look strangely and oddly out of place.  Laundry this morning, some light cleaning, a little vacuuming...then off to the pool we go!! 

Have I mentioned that we have the most incredible neighbors in all of the world?  The fact that they let us use their pool every single day is the nicest thing.  Besides that fact...they're never allowed to move.  I've told them that repeatedly, and I hope they believe me.  I dearly love the both of them and I would be sad if they left. 

Well.  I'm going to go get my second cup of coffee for the day.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...