Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm Home!!

There are so many things I would love to share about our trip to Iceland.  It's almost too much.  I've started writing it all out this morning, and it's already about 6 pages long!  And I'm only on day 3 of our trip in the journal!

I would love to tell you all about it...but I'm going to say it all in short little thoughts, all the things that God did this week.  Love to all.

HE...

provided traveling mercy
showed His faithfulness
gave us peace
gave us rest
gave us strength...not our own, but His
showed us His love through Mike and Sheila and the people of the Westman Islands
blessed us through a family we will NEVER forget
spoke to me through Amazing Grace being played on a trumpet at 2:30 in the morning
allowed me to feel His presence at that same exact time
opened my heart to follow His Holy Spirit
worked through my fears
showed me how being obedient is the best thing ever
spoke to me through a sweet, heartbroken lady through the same song, Amazing Grace
showed Himself to us through families who invited us into their homes and their hearts
gave me comfort when I was so far away from my kids
allowed us to form new friendships with the team from our church
proved to me how fortunate we are for a loving, supportive church family
blessed me in having my husband by me for our first missions trip (hopefully the first of more to come!)
blessed me beyond measure

There is so much more to share...but for now, this will have to do.  It's almost overwhelming.  As amazing a time we had, it's great to be home with my sweet kids.  I missed them so much that I physically hurt.  There is no place quite like home.  :) 


1 comment:

  1. sounds like an amazing trip! And those photos are breathtaking. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...