Saturday, June 5, 2010

3 days and counting

Till we fly off into the great blue yonder.  Is that a song?  It should be. 

Todd and I were talking last night about our upcoming trip, and whether or not we were excited.  And of course, we are excited...but it hasn't really hit yet.  We're leaving the country.  For 8 whole days.  Not only are we leaving the country, we're leaving the country and will not be easily accessible. 

Holy cow. 

It's kinda scary for a mom who hasn't been without her kids for more than a night or two in six years. 

So.  That's where I'm at.  Dreading the goodbyes.  Although I do feel better that the kids won't be riding to the airport with us.  Because you all know how much of a cry baby I can be...especially when the people in my presence cry in front of me.  It's like I've got this rule that says that they are not allowed to cry alone!  I join right in with them.  And there would be teary goodbyes at the airport.  We're leaving home at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday morning to meet the Iceland team at our church at 6.  So we're going to say our goodbyes Monday night.  Mom is spending the night with us and Trish will be here at some point on Tuesday to begin her duties as their week-long Mom.  :)

I sure do hope she's ready!

We're spending practically the whole day at church tomorrow.  I have to be there at 8:30 for praise team practice.  We're going out to lunch with the Iceland team after church, then going back to church for one final meeting from 2:00-3:30.  Choir practice is at 4:30.  Praise team practice at 5.  Church starts at 6 and we're getting commissioned to go. 

!!!!!

I really am getting excited.  This is a dream come true for me.  One of my favorite hobbies is traveling, and the fact that we're traveling to Europe???  Shut your mouth.

Oh, and about that, technically Iceland is neither Europe nor North America.  Click HERE to find out more.

We've decided against taking the laptop with us.  Where we're going to be is not internet accessible.  Even to talk to our kids is going to be quite the feat.  With the 5 hour time difference, and the texting first, and then the actual phone call...whew.  It makes me tired just thinking about it. 

So, I will have to journal (yikes, with actual PEN & PAPER?!?!), and then hopefully blog about it when I get home. 

And download the hundreds (thousands?) of pictures to the computer.  To share with my peeps.  :)

Well.  That's all for now.  I'm going to go make another big dent in the book I'm reading and head to bed.  Tomorrow is coming bright and early and I need my beauty rest.  LOL. 

G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Wednesday hodgepodge

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with Joyce's Wednesday hodgepodge this week, since this was one thing we talked about th...