Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Busy, Busy Week!

Have I mentioned that this week, 3 of my kids celebrate birthdays?  Tomorrow the tenth is Jonah's and Noah's 7th birthday.  I cannot believe that my "babies" are going to turn 7.  I really don't understand how time goes by so fast.  It seems like just yesterday when they were 2 years old scooting down the stairs holding hands.  I asked why they were holding hands and Jonah said, "We love each other."

Or when they told me they didn't want to be "twins" anymore.

Or when the thought of Kindergarten made Jonah cry at the mere mention of going to school.

Or when I cried for THREE MONTHS before their first day of school. 

And nowadays they barely get the words, "I love you, Mom" out of their mouths before they're eagerly jumping out the door, all but running into school.

It sucks when your kids get older.  It hurts a lot, too.

But it's also fun watching them grow into such sweet young men.  I love their manners~there is something so sweet about a child saying the words "yes, ma'am".

I love how kind they are.  One day one of the teaching assistants was in Jonah's class, hanging artwork.  She was using this little boy's chair and he asked for it back.  Jonah just took her his chair and said, "Here you go, Mrs. Peggy, you can have mine."

I love how Noah is still so soft and cuddly.  I love his love for all animals.  You can guarantee that if we're at a park and there is a dog nearby on a leash, he will be over there asking if he can pet it.

*Sigh.*

My sweet Graham turns eleven on Thursday.  ELEVEN.  That just seems so...so...almost teenager~ish.  I don't feel old enough to have a kid that old.  I am also pretty sure that I am not ready for the issues that come along with having a boy that age.

I pray that he stays like he is~he is definitely a different child.  He prefers adults over kids his age.  He always has.  The problem with this is that he has trouble making friends.  The ones that he has are loyal and have been his friends forever.  They are nice to him and they don't mind his quirkiness.

I love how he is always the first to jump up and help someone~not at home, necessarily, but at other places.  I love how he talks to this sweet older man at dinner at church every single Wednesday night.  I love how he takes the time to make friends with the sweet man that works in our church's kitchen.  I love how he gives up his stuff to help one of the special needs friends at our school.

I love how he prays like God is sitting right beside him.  The boy has prayed like a preacher ever since he was 6 years old, and I think he's anointed.  I call him my little preacher man.  I love how he shares his faith with anyone that listens to him and how he is unabashed in it.

He has all these qualities that just make my heart melt.

This is a great week.  It's a busy one, but it's a great week.  We'll celebrate their birthdays countless times.  I'll take cookies {or something else} for their class to have as a special treat at lunch, and I'll make them all special lunches at school.  I'll read to Jonah's and Noah's classes tomorrow after lunch, whatever they want.  Well, except for Dr. Seuss.  :)

My heart melts a little at the thought of another year gone by.

But it leaps with joy at this next upcoming year.  I know God has big things in store~I can't wait to find out what they are.

I hope your day is blessed.

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

Yes, you make tears come to my eyes. I am so proud of everyone of my grandsons. They are all so special in their own way. I am a very very blessed Mimi!!! I am looking forward to celebrating birthdays on Thurs. night.

Rene' said...

aahhh...love that Graham! Again...another child cut from the same mold. Zachary is just as you described Graham. Maybe it's a "first child" thing! Zachary too would rather hang out with the adults than kids his age...has a hard time making friends...but so strong in his faith for an 11 year old. We are 2 -- yes 2! years away from having teenagers -- and I'm scared to death...ha! Love ya girl! Happy Birthday to all your special guys -- love them all!

Unknown said...

Tell the boys that Mrs. Alicia says hello, happy birthday and that I miss them!!!
I haven't taken the time to read your blog in a while!! I love to read it though! You have such a way with words!!!
Love you girl!!!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...