Wednesday, February 24, 2010

a PrOmIsE & a QuIcK cAtCh Up

After last night's American Idol post, I am promising you, my bloggy peeps, to NOT post American Idol this week again.  I think.  I guess I better not promise anything like that.  Because you just never know what will happen on that show and if it excites me, well...I might.  I just might.

Anyway.  

If you're my facebook friend, you saw my weird status update last night.  I posted that we went to the chiropractor yesterday, and all the kids {plus me and the dad} got adjusted.  This was a first for them.

They were xrayed before Thanksgiving, but I'm just now getting around to taking them.  Have I mentioned our fanTABulous chiropractor?  His name is Jason Coleman.  If you're in Memphis, he is in the Cordova area.  And no, I am NOT being paid to advertise, although...that just might be a great idea.  Hmmm.

Anyway.

The boys were so funny.  They were so excited about getting adjusted.  Their xrays were pretty bad, I must admit.  Noah is already showing signs of scoliosis, and so is Drew.  Drew's neck is also out of line, which is why he gets headaches.  For which he can thank his dad for.  Who just might had one so atrocious last week, that he eventually got "sick".  {I prefer quotes over the word "vomit", don't you?}

So, thank you, Dear Hubby.  

Graham and Jonah were not quite as bad, but they had some curvature of the spine as well.  All of this can be fixed by Jason, which is why we're taking this measure with them.  Scoliosis runs in my family~my sister and my nephew both had to have surgeries to repair it, but hopefully my kids won't get to that point.

I'm thankful for a friend who just happens to also be a chiro. and who encouraged us to take this step with them.  I know my parents and my sister probably would have loved to have been told that if caught soon enough, all the issues can be fixed without surgery.  And maybe they couldn't have, but it can't hurt to try, right?

Regardless, I am thankful.

What was so funny, though, was that after they get adjusted, Jason wants them to all lay for 10 minutes on a roller table.  Which Drew said "feels just like a massage".  And then proceeded to fall asleep right after he said that.  Seriously, when the table stopped, I thought he was gonna fall off it.  It startled him that bad.  

What I wasn't prepared for were all the crazy looks we got.  I know that not everyone believes in chiropractors, but my philosophy is, why not?  I mean if there is a even just a slight chance that all these problems can be fixed now without them being in pain, why not try it?  Right?

But you should have seen all the looks we got today.  There was this one woman waiting on one of the 5 tables that we were occupying, and I swear that if looks could have killed~that I would be dead.  She had this horrid look on her face that said, "You mean I am having to wait on a bunch of kids to get onto a roller table?!".  You know the kind.  The kind that is lovely to witness.  And that just makes you want to haul off and smack someone.  Yup.  I said it.  She had A.T.T.I.T.U.D.E. written all over her face.

Oh well.  I realize that she was probably in pain.  Hopefully that's why she had that look.  

But the boys love going.  The adjustments were quick and painless.  Noah laughed hysterically the entire time.  Even Jason laughed at them.  It's hilarious to watch.  

It has been a GREAT day.  For all of us.  I hope yours was too.  I pray that tomorrow is the same~you know me and Thursdays.  :)  

Well, goodnight all.   

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...