Friday, October 2, 2009

A Little Word...A Lot of Prayer

I do not believe in coincidences. Do you? I believe that everything has a divine appointment from God~even ignored devotions that you get on your computer.

Yesterday I didn't read one of my daily emailed devotions. I finally settled in to read it when I got home from work. I only had 5 minutes to spare, but I opened it and began to read. If you're my friend on facebook, you'll see what verse I read. It was 2 Corinthians 12:8.

So this morning after dropping the boys off, I came back home and settled in at the kitchen table for some quiet time. I must say~the enemy is wonderful at distractions. My phone rang 4 times, my new toy kept buzzing and vibrating and making some strange xylophone sound {which, by the way, my new toy is an Iphone}, the cats were meowing, the dog was barking, the dryer was beeping. I mean come on. Seriously? It's like satan didn't want me to have this time. And after it's all over~I know he didn't want me to have that time.

So. Distractions finally set aside, I opened up my amazing women's friendship devotional that I so dearly love and read yesterday's entry. October 1. Thursday. Do you want to know what the verse was at the top of the page? Just guess. Because, I am realizing that God has a sense of humor.

Just let me write it out.

2 Corinthians 12:8-10 Three different times, I begged the Lord to take it away. 9 Each time He said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


***And just a little f.y.i.~the "it" Paul is referring to is the thorn in his flesh. That's actually what my Bible says~the New Living Translation.***

It was the exact same verse as yesterday. Although yesterday's translation read, "My grace is sufficient for you."

I did not have a bad day at work. I just want to clarify that here~some people kinda thought I did, but it wasn't bad. I was frustrated with myself over several different areas. I have been praying for some pretty specific things in my life and this verse was exactly what God wanted me to hear. He is all that I need. He will clarify these things in my life that I have been praying about and for right now, He has me exactly where He wants me.

I got really overwhelmed with His goodness, needless to say, after reading the same verse for the 2nd time in a row. I love how He works~I've been praying about hearing Him speak~and I did. It wasn't in the format I was expecting, but then if He did anything ordinary~He wouldn't be God. He is extraordinary.

John 16:33 "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in Me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."


This is another verse that I can't get out of my mind. I know that this life is full of frustrations~but this is His way of reminding me to keep my focus on Him. Not on what I'm going through at that moment. He is the giver of peace, comfort, strength, and joy.

Because joy does always come. Mine came this morning. If you are still waiting on yours~be patient. It will come, I know it. Ask Him to help you along that path to find it. You will be amazed at what He shows you.

Until then~dig into His word! It is the living, breathing Word of God, friends! He very specifically tells you how to handle things. If you need assistance on finding something that you're going through~I love biblegateway.com. You can type in a phrase or a word {like "joy"} and read all the verses that pop up. It's a great starting point for you~I could tell you my favorites, but do you have all day? I love so many parts of the Bible~all the "ians" books~Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians, Thessalonians~I love Psalm, Proverb, Ecclesiastes, Daniel, Nehemiah, Joshua...

Just go to the above link if you need help~I set it up for you to be able to just click on it.

Love to all of you~if I can pray for you~just comment on here or email me. allboys@gmail.com is my email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...