Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Little Lazy Goes A Long Way

We were really bad tonight and didn't go to church. We hardly ever miss, too. I really don't have a reason why we didn't go~it just seemed like we were all unusually tired from this week/weekend. So, here we sit. There is something to be said for just relaxing on the night before school starts back for the week. Todd made the yummiest chocolate chip pancakes ever. I put too many chocolate chips into them, and he got the sweetest ones. Now his tummy hurts. :( They were still yummy, though. Drew was the happiest kid in all of the Ville.

We had a really great church service this morning. We had an evangelist with us and he was really good. We had lunch with my dad and stepmom after church, then came home and just relaxed.

It's been a good weekend~except for all the rain. I could NEVER live someplace like Seattle. I need sunshine, people. Truly, I do. I can only take so much rain and cloudiness.

I am really excited about this week~one, I'm starting a new Bible study tomorrow night. It's called Discerning God's Voice, and it's by Priscilla Shirer. It's at my church with some of the amazing women I have the privilege of knowing. Two, I think I'm going to get a massage this week!! I've only had one~when I was pregnant with Drew ten years ago. I think it's time for another one. This one is actually prescribed by my chiropractor {thank you, JASON!!!}, and paid for by insurance. I am so pumped.

I just know that this week is going to be amazing. I am expecting, believing and anticipating it. Just this morning we were reminded of the verse that says we are to come into His presence with singing, and I will be doing that this week. Praising and singing of His goodness. His name~Jesus~is worthy of all my praise.

I hope your last night of this weekend is spent with those you love the most, and I hope you all have a blessed Monday tomorrow. Love to all.

4 comments:

Debi said...

I had a blast at the "Deeper Still" event and I think you should check out my blog tonight..your gonna love one picture on there.

Beth spoke on the discernment and how to recognize it...I will send you the notes...in fact I will blog about it this week.

Sister...you know that God has given me that gift. In a very big way ....so BIG that it scares me some time and totally freaks the soulmate out.

Let's chat soon. Hugs, Dembra

Debi said...

I had a blast at the "Deeper Still" event and I think you should check out my blog tonight..your gonna love one picture on there.

Beth spoke on the discernment and how to recognize it...I will send you the notes...in fact I will blog about it this week.

Sister...you know that God has given me that gift. In a very big way ....so BIG that it scares me some time and totally freaks the soulmate out.

Let's chat soon. Hugs, Dembra

Rene' said...

Ha! We didn't make it to church either! Pizza and home made cookies for dinner! I'm going to get a massage sometime soon too - my mom gave me a Gould's gift certificate for my birthday...can't wait! I have NEVER had one! Love you! Hope Graham is better soon! I really wish my schedule would accommodate me being able to do a bible study. That is one prayer request I would LOVE to see an answer too!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

It is kinda nice to stay home like that every once in a while, isn't it, Rene??? Awesome about the massage~~I cannot wait! We went to the dr. and it was not strep or flu...just a little bug, I guess. If his fever stays away the rest of today he can go back tomorrow. :) I am enjoying a day home with him. I wish you could do this study with me!!!! What about if you come tonight and come when you can?? Is that even possible?? In the meantime, I can pray about that miracle!!! Love ya, girl!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...