Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Thursday

I cannot believe it is July 2nd. I am really not sure where all our summer has gone, but it seriously needs to slow down. I love 4th of July!!! I think {know} that my blood is red, white and blue. I am as patriotic as they come. Put a soldier in front of me, and I want to hug him/her. Give me a song with reenactments of certain historical scenes {Iwo Gima, 9-11}, and I cry so hard I can't even sing the song. And yes. If you saw Celebrate America at our church last weekend, I was crying. Trying my best to hold it together and mouth enough to at least look like I was singing. And trying to see Music Man through the haze of tears in my eyes.

I love America. God bless her. We think we have it bad in our economy now, but what about those poor third world countries that don't even have their own clean drinking water? Or the people in China that can't express their love for God? I am so thankful that we still have the freedom of speech. That we can attend church services and worship there together as a church family. That we can pray in public places. We are so fortunate to be able to have all those freedoms.

I am so looking forward to this weekend. We're cooking out with friends tomorrow night, then walking over to the park across the street to watch the fireworks. And maybe shoot off a few of our own. Poor Andy the SuperDog. We need to sedate him so he's not so nervous during the loud noise. You know that every single year at this time, it's DAYS before he'll go outside by himself. It's ridiculous. The big baby. If I didn't love him so much, I'd be mad at him. But it's impossible to stay mad at those huge puppy dog brown eyes. He can't help himself.

Anyway. I'm about to run an errand real quick. Todd just got home and I'm trying to convince him to take the boys swimming. And get in with them. I need some peace and quiet. We spent the night with Nana last night to keep her company while Big Daddy was in Little Rock, and I discovered that my kids even talk in their sleep. So some quiet would be GREAT. I hope you all enjoy your day, and if I don't post...Happy Independence Day! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...