Monday, June 1, 2009

Morning Devotion

Psalm 139:1 O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. 2 You know when I sit down and when I stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away. 3 You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. 4 You know what I'm going to say even before I say it, Lord. 5 You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand! 7 I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! 8 If I go up to heaven, you are there. If I go down to the grave, you are there. 9 If I ride the waves of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, 10 even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.

I take comfort in these verses. No matter what surrounds me, no matter what troubles I may face, no matter what the future holds for me, I know that my God is there to support me. Do you face anything daunting in your life? Are there health issues you have to contend with? Are these hard times for you and your family? Are you discouraged? Unsure of your future plans? Are you in a difficult place in your life right now? Worn out from all the going and doing you have to do on a daily basis? Not enough strength to take one more bad day? Take comfort in the above words. I also love Jeremiah 29:11, which states, "For I know the plans I have for you", says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

My God is my Comforter, my Strength, my Sustainer, my Refuge. He hides me in the shelter of His arms when I can't face what is going on around me. He gives me peace when I cannot find it anywhere in my life, He gives me patience when I ask for it. He is there for me every second of every minute of every hour of every day. He is there in the bad times, and He is there in the good. He is the Love of my life, my Prince of peace, my Everlasting God.

I pray that God will use these words to encourage anyone who needs encouraging today. I pray that as you read the above verses that He puts a desire deep in your heart to read and learn more of His word. I pray that you know Him today. He is there, waiting for you to reach out.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful devotional reminding me once again of how great God is. You started my day off right. Looking forward to spending the day with you!!! The pool is calling.
    Bunches of love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...