Thursday, June 18, 2009

Friday

John 1:1~5
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He existed in the beginning with God. 3 God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. 4 The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.

John 1:14
So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son.

John 1:16
From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another.

John 16:33
I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.

For anyone who ever doubted God's presence in your life~it's there. Trust me. Though not seen or heard, He is there. His Word is just what it is proclaimed to be; the LIVING, BREATHING WORD OF GOD. Spoken of Him sometimes, and about Him at others. It is His book of instruction to us. Instruction on living, marriage, parenting~anything and everything. It's all right there.

I pray all the time that He will make me fall more in love with Him through His Word. I always pray and ask that He speak to me through it~and I've NEVER been let down. Sure it's not seen, not always heard, but is it there? Yes. Without fail, it's always there, always the same. Steadfast. Dependable. Loyal.

Looking for something to read? Open up a Bible and soak it all in. I love Psalm. I love to speak those back to Him in praise. I also love the Gospels~Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. All the "ians" are great~1&2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1&2 Thessalonians~they're all short {easy to read} and powerful.

Are you looking for a church to attend this weekend? Come to mine~you can click on the picture on the right side of my blog. It's a link that will take you directly to our church's website. Some amazing things have been happening every week. Come see what it's all about, and try to find "your spot" among it all. There is truly something for everyone.

No comments:

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...